Are You Ready to Rock? “Classic Rocks, 153 Years of Performance” Comes to Cleveland

"The Ohio Geological Society proudly presents the 41st Annual Meeting of the Eastern Section of the American Associat..., as it returns to Cleveland September 22-26.

With Ohio garnering worldwide attention with one of the most exciting energy opportunities on the planet in the Utica Shale, we hope you will join us for this exciting opportunity and join us at the home of Rock & Roll for what will continue a tradition of open and informative technical sessions and networking opportunities with the Geoscientists who are working toward a better understanding of the Appalachian, Michigan, Illinois, and Black Warrior Basins.

Classic Rocks, 153 Years of Performance”  includes the release of 113 original papers that will be presented in ten sessions. These papers cover a wide range of shale development related topics; from techniques to understand it (Source Rock Geochemistry, Petrophysics, and Thermal Maturity) to case studies (Case Histories and Development of Marcellus Shale Reservoirs) to modern drilling and completion techniques (Horizontal Wells: Design Drilling,, Completion and Fracturing Techn...).

A diverse offering of 7 short courses with topics like Petrophysical Evaluation of Mudstone Reservoirs (that’s shale), Uncertainty Modeling and Risk Analysis, and Drilling and Completion Optimization for Horizontal Wells is also offered"

READ THE REST: http://www.eidohio.org/geology-rocks/

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of these would be very interesting but I fear they will be too technical for a layman like me. Are these courses basic enough for laymen? Are there any that you would recommend for laymen?

I honestly am not sure about the technicality of everything. Email pete@ooga.org for more information.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service