I spoke with Bob Rea and yes the offer is with Chesapeake Energy for $5800 per acre  and 20% gross wellhead. No transportation, or marketing cost of any kind. And YES they want all of Belmont County, even southeast belmont that everyone says no one wants and are signing now. I have the lease and it is the best one I have seen yet.

Views: 14785

Replies to This Discussion

I'm curious to know what their reply is.  We also had a good sound contract that we presented to our guy from Ohio River Resources (my daughter was approached from a different person from the same company).  At first he said we weren't asking for anything unreasonable; but, later came back with the answer that they couldn't give us what we asked.  So, my husband told him we weren't interested and away he went!  Yes, you are correct; that original contract is everything you described! We are interested in working with others in our area that haven't signed yet; but, we are no hurry to sign.

same thing happen to me a few months ago with Gulfport  .I am in somerset twp. It was the same story then as the one you  all are saying now . 

They were offering 5000.00 and 19% then .

Their offer to us was 5000 and 20% of the NET. 

Also, they spelled out a lot of gases specifically they could have.  It sounded like they wanted everything from the surface to the center of the earth!

Below is some of the wording that we counter-offered...there's a lot more afterwards, but I think I've provided the essence of its meaning.

The above grant excludes any other rights not granted herein including without limitation the right to store oil or gas, or inject any fluids or brine of any kind into the leased premises for purposes of storage or disposal, or to any coal bed methane or coal seam gas.

LESSOR'S RESERVED RIGHTS Despite anything contained herein to the contrary, Lessor reserves all oil and gas and other mineral interests from the surface of the leased premises to the top of the Queenston Shale, or the stratigraphic equivalent thereof............................

OTHER MINERALS RESERVED. This Lease does not include and there is hereby excepted and reserved unto Lessor, all of the sulfur, coal, lignite, uranium, and other fissionable material, geothermal energy, base and precious metals, rock, stone, gravel, and any other mineral substances (excepting those described above in paragraph 1) presently owned by Lessor.........................

Our offer from Ohio River Resources was 5000 and 19% net for our Somerset township parcels.  The language in the lease was similar to one they'd circulated last summer, but the price per acre and the royalties went up from last summer. Ohio River Resources/Gulfport asked for us to reply w/in two weeks, after we got our attorney to review it (and the attorney is still reviewing it).

I, too, will be interested to hear how Gulfport responds to any lease negotiations.

Hello all I finally got to see a copy of that lease from a friend of mine , I have to say it is probably the worst document I have seen in at least 15 leases i have reviewed

Hello Lemma B If the lease is an unaltered one like I just read your poor attorney is probably still laughing so hard he can't finish the rest of it (lol) I know it is not really a funny situation but that is a bad deal trying to screw good people .

I have studied a lot of this info for a while and I have been able to help and inform some of my friends about various lease problems but I still have not got leased myself .

I have oxford oil with wells near me ,xto ,chesapeake and gulfport has some land near as well . But I did not want the normal poorly one sided company lease since have my coal rights intact . But I am still hopeful it will work out for me .

it is scary to think that they have probably used these same type documents as this Ohio River Resources lease for Gulfport for years  with a lot of uninformed people that just saw a little chance of hope to make life better

when in reality they wanted to control nearly everything concerning the property .

The story my friend got was that Gulfport was starting to fill in a unit and it was going to be started within 6 weeks

I told him he needs to ask about the size of the unit and who will be included in it .

The position of your land could make quite a difference on how badly they actually need to acquire your land if it is in the middle of the unit where they could not easily leave you out to send for a permit .

Now if it was a good lease and they could get a title ran and the payment in your hand in 6 weeks  time, they are the best organized company in this play or full of B.S.

The hard pressure of telling a landowner you need to say if you are in or out and you need to say quickly ,with bait like that lease, will leave a lot of land men hungry since we all have learned quite a bit, and are willing to help those who are less informed .

keep up the good work and inform those older neighbors about the truth , this is a good time to get better acquainted with our neighbors and friends for everyone's benefit .

best of luck to all and keep us informed of this Ohio river resources offers . my friend said the man he saw was an older guy from tennesee named OTT .

Has anyone else experienced a visit and any pending unit info from this guy representing gulfport .

Also why is this Ohio River Resources not on a website if it is legitimate operation

As always best to all .Mick

Anyone have a copy of that lease? I'd like to see if it's the same one my parents were offered.

Here's a few paragraphs (It's scanned text so there may be a few glitches in it):

LEASING CLAUSE. Lessor hereby leases exclusively to Lessee all the oil and gas (including, but not limited to coal seam gas, coalbed methane gas, coalbed gas, methane gas, gob gas, occluded methane/natural gas and all associated natural gas and other hydrocarbons and non-hydrocarbons contained in, associated with, emitting from, or produced/originating within any formation, gob area, mined-out area, coal seam, and all communicating zones), and their liquid or gaseous constituents, whether hydrocarbon or non-hydrocarbon, underlying the land herein leased, together with such exclusive rights as may be necessary or convenient for Lessee, at its election, to explore for, develop, produce, measure, and market production from the Leasehold, and from adjoining lands, using methods and techniques which are not restricted to current technology, including the right to conduct exclusive geophysical and other exploratory tests; to drill, maintain, operate, cease to operate, plug, abandon, and remove wells; to use or install roads, electric power and telephone facilities, and to construct pipelines with appurtenant facilities, including data acquisition, compression and collection facilities for use in the production and transportation of products from the Leasehold or from neighboring lands across the Leasehold, to use oil, gas, and non-domestic water sources, free of cost, to store gas of any kind underground, regardless of the source thereof, including the injecting of gas therein and removing the same therefrom; to protect stored gas; to operate, maintain, repair, and remove material and equipment.

LEASE TERM. This Lease shall remain in force for a primary term of Five ~ years from 12:00 A.M. ________ (effective date) to 11 :59 P.M. ____________ (last day of primary term) and shall continue beyond the primary term as to the entirety of the Leasehold if any of the following is satisfied: (i) operations are conducted on the Leasehold or lands pooled/unitized therewith in search of oil, gas, or their constituents, or (ii) a well deemed by Lessee to be capable of production is located on the Leasehold or lands pooled/unitized therewith, or (iii) oil or gas, or their constituents, are produced from the Leasehold or lands pooled/unitized therewith, or (iv) if the Leasehold or lands pooled/unitized therewith is used for the underground storage of gas, or for the protection of stored gas, or (v) if prescribed payments are made, or (vi) if Lessee's operations are delayed, postponed or interrupted as a result of any coal, stone or other mining or mining related operation under any existing and effective lease, permit or authorization covering such operations on the leased premises or on other lands affecting the leased premises, such delay will automatically extend the primary or secondary term of this oil and gas lease without additional compensation or performance by Lessee for a period of time equal to any such delay, postponement or interruption. 

I wouldn't sign that lease for 8000.00 per acre .

Sharon,

I believe I'm a relative of yours :). Just wanted you to know that Bob Rea has done a wonderful job on the lease with ALOV up here in Trumbull County, just signed 84,000 acres w/BP. More important than anything, his contract protects the land owner more than any I've read, (for instance, only utica can be touched not marcella, etc) if he is in your area, you might want to give him a listen. He also is part of buckeye mineral. You can actually go on line and read his contract he put together for the land owners here, if nothing else, you could pick up some very good parts out of it for your own lawyer. Told mom about seeing your name on here and all she could talk about was what a beautiful baby you were :). Hope your family is well.

Dena

NEVER trust what a landman tells you about what your neighbors have done. It is very easy to verify who signed with who in Belmont. All that info is available online.

WOW Wishgard doesnt sound that bad now! Being the fact that they are drilling on atleast 4 units being permitted and some sort of construction on site and proposed 20 other sites. Some what of a land owner friend lease compared to whats out there now. Everyone that signed with them are so far ahead of any other company's and going to recieve royaltys before anyone else. But who knows you people that are holding out seemed to be way smarter than me!!!

Hello shocked , where are the main units you are talking about being set .

Do they have enough infrastructure to transport the gas on your property now .

The royalties have always been the main concern after a lease with good addendum's of coarse

some of wishguards leases were a lot better than the one i saw with ohio river resources

but to be fair I don't think everyone was riding others that signed early , I always felt if you signed early you have to be content and not whine that other's may have gotten more bonus later .

This has always been a personal choice of what your needs are ,but by not getting the true facts to make a decision was the unfair part to a lot of people

my main complaint with wishguard was how some of the meeting were conducted without being honest with the people in many cases

Hope you and others get your royalties soon this will help everyone that gets a opportunity to be in a unit .

Best wishes

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service