There are currently three rigs drilling in Butler County as of 5/24/13. One is at the REX Energy Reno Pad in Middlesex Township. One is at the REX Energy L&L Properties Pad in Lancaster Township. And the third is at the XTO Energy Welter Pad in Donegal Township.

Views: 5847

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Oliver , 

Pretty cool map. I play w/Goggle Earth a bit and have a lot of the pads and pipelines marked but do not have them identified as to XTO, REX, etc.

I don't know how you do it. Mine gets pretty cluttered, need to use the layers some how I guess.

But I will have one of my kids show me how to do dat.

Anyway, if it is not a problem, and I ain't bein to much of a pain in the butt suckin info outa ya....

if ya have somtehing like that- Middlesex -Penn - west to maybe Zeili - if you would post it - you would be my hero!   LOL

Better info- Better decisions.

Cheers

FMV,

Here is a Google Earth file of Butler County that shows most of the wells in the county. Butler group member Matt Santiago created this and marked most of the wells about 9 months ago or so. I marked some of the newer wells since then with the yellow pins, I don't know how to make the little square that Matt used. 

This might not show all the wells in your neck of the woods. REX territory wasn't of particular interest to me until recently. You can update this map with any wells missing from your area. Let me know if this works for you.

Oliver,

Bad news and good news.

Bad news - I get the little yellow push pin when I load the file - but nothing else. Operator error most likely.  I may need to turn something in GE on or off or something like that.

Not a problem,  My son-in-law is a computer genius and will figure it out for me.

Good news - I know how to make the little square.  

When the box opens where you can change color ect. just click on the push pin in the top right corner.  Opens a window that gives ya about 50 icons. You can even load a custom one.  Google oil well icons, and ya get a zillion to save if ya want. Prolly even find some for compressor stations, processing plants etc. I am going to do that one of these days.  LOL

For existing push pins on your map right click and then hit properties and it will bring up that box.

Thank You .

ps. I think I am really gonna learn how to use GE cause I really like marking up the maps w/pads and pipelines etc. May give ya a little bit of a hint as to which direction things are goin. Ya I really , really am. LOL

FMV,

I think it's something I'm doing wrong on my end. I really don't know what I am doing with Google Earth, it's too complicated for me. Thanks for describing how to make the square icon, I can do that at least.

Na Oliver it ain't you (well... it might be) LOL  But I think there is a lot of potential in GE as far a mapping this stuff.

If I ramble on too long w/this, just hit the Ignore button.

I am like you,some of this stuff seems too complicated. But I have found that if I can find someone familiar w/it  they can usually get me over the hump enough that I can figure out most of the rest. I am gonna work on that.

There are a lot of things that could be done to reach a far wider audience. Such as putting pictures of well pads etc. right in GE. If you enable that pic layer there are thousands of em. I have never done it but its a thought.

Ok I am gonna quit now, I got a hundred more ideas, all I gotta do is get my butt in gear an make at least some of em happen. 

Inertia- tough to overcome! LOL

Cheers

Not sure when the actual rig will get here but they are starting to move into the Ceaser Pad. This week lots of trailers and tanks came in, and they put up a sign that says rig move in process.

Thanks for posting that info erin. The report I have shows the rig is supposed to be there today to start drilling the REX Ceaser 1H.  Also, there should be a rig at the XTO Cypher A Unit 3H.

Thank You Oliver for all the info you post. I've been following this site for awhile now, just never posted anything, but I really enjoy having all the information and links you post!

You're welcome erin. It must be exciting for you to finally see the rig ready to drill in your unit. I hope they drill some very productive wells for all you folks in the Ceaser Unit. Good luck to you.

Thanks Oliver. Yes, it is exciting! They did start it on Saturday like you said. It will be interesting to see the steps everyday and how fast they progress.

Hey Matthew,

Pretty cool map !!! Thanks for posting it.

GPS Visualizer ?     Hard to figure out or can just about any old fart handle it ???   LOL

Can't open the Butler1 file.  What format?  Thanks all for all your info

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service