Just wondering out loud if the City of Ashtabula / the City of Ashtabula Port Authority has been chasing any LNG Sales Leads (to Canada specifically).

Talk about a depressed economic situation - it looks to me like Ashtabula needs business in a big way.

I hear Canada needs processed Natural Gas.

They send it to us raw (via pipeline) and then someday after infrastructure is completed) we're supposed to be sending it back to them processed via pipeline.

Would we be buying it from them and then selling it back to them processed ?

I like the idea of working with Canada as they are certainly neighbors and allies of ours (as opposed to selling it to potentially hostile states). 

Wondering how feasible it would be to put a LNG Plant at the Port of Ashtabula which would process Ashtabula County and surrounding Northeast Ohio Counties raw natural gas from wells, liquify it and and ferry it to Canada ?

Sounds like a good idea to me - wondering how practical it would be ?

If it were practical it should certainly spur drilling / development don't you think ?

Anyone in Ashtabula chasing that bone ?

Just thinking out loud a little.

Views: 1398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack,

"Huge oceangoing LNG tankers are viewed by many as giant floating bombs"

Does LNG even burn in liquid state?  I had a leaky propane torch on a cool snowy camping trip in the mountains one time.  I didn't see the leak, the propane was running down my hand as liquid while burning but I noticed it because it was very cold not hot.  It was burning on the ground much like sterno but with very little heat from the flames.  I could hold the propane in my hand while it burned.  Would LNG burn the same as liquid propane?

Thanks 

BTW JS,

I was visualizing Detroit as pretty close (longitudinally) to the mid east-west length of Canada.

Wasn't thinking of sending NG too much further north into Canada.

So maybe I could have been a little more definitive regarding geography when I wrote about plants in 'mid-Canada'; perhaps 'southern mid-Canada' would have been more descriptive.

J-O,

As a frame of reference, my atlas says it's 1883 miles from Detroit to Calgary!

BluFlame

Found the attachment on line.

Some may find it interesting.

Attachments:

I'll shut-up after I enter this last 'parting shot' if you will.

I think that if something - anything - makes economic sense - and especially so in the case of Ashtabula - it should be incorporated.

I don't have the where-with-all to determine if a LNG liquification facility off-shore in Lake Erie coupled with all required infra-structure upgrades to locks, channels, facilities, security, etc. along the St. Lawrence Seaway route and considering the marketing advantage to Canada and points east across the Atlantic would in fact make economic sense.

Apparently there are those who do not think it would.

I personally don't know if it would or not.

I would still enjoy reading more opinions / interpretations on the subject.

Hope we don't miss the boat so to speak !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service