50% of Oklahoma holdings to the Chinese.

"We are excited to announce the execution of our Mississippi Lime joint venture with Sinopec, which moves us further along in achieving our asset sales goals and secures an excellent partner to share the capital costs required to actively develop this very large, liquids-rich resource play."

Views: 9411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GG,  When China developes their O&G they will gladly share it by making us McDonalds Happy Meal toys and numerous plastic products for our enjoyment.  Cheap plastic toys are the # one Easter gift this year.  Happy Easter!

You like those happy meals? You play with those toys? 'Cheap'...Easter...Happy?...joy-joy it's only just begun...just a big toilet flush down the tubes - have another big, juicy hot dog...ack (hack, sack, black, jack, tick, tack) OR another BIG MAC...brute attack

Domestically we suffer jobs sent to Asia.

Now a significant chunk of Domestic Natural Resources and Technology.

Perhaps soon English will be taught to our children as a 2nd language in our schools.

What's up with all this crapping on our population ?

I think it's time to reconoiter and regroup myself.

PRES REGAN WAS GOING TO GIVE STAR WARS TECHNOLOGY TO THE RUSKIES

WAY BACK IN THE 80'S to keep peace. 

Countries attack other countries because they want something the other country has , so

if we all are partners and have a common interest and share, there may be peace.

i never heard that. i did here that reagan issued an executive order that no u.s.a. heavy equipment could be made here and sent to the ussr to help them build the gas line to western europe. he warned them, rightfully so, that the ussr would turn the spigot off once they got europe on the teat.   caterpillar then went to belgium and built a plant. and as far as a common interest with a communist government, what would that be? a government that has murdered millions.

".....and as far as a common interest with a communist government, what would that be? a government that has murdered millions."

Indeed, a pregnant question if I ever heard one.

in what way joseph?

Your're morally right of course.

There is no question at all; if you are a compassionate human being and concerned solely, specifically and in general about the welfare of humanity overall (as obviously you represent and as I'm trying to explain that I am and hope to always be).

The only question is how we can find ways or excuses to ignore or see it differently.

I can only point to the survival instinct.

Today it takes money to survive and especially to survive in business.

I know, from experience that I will choose survival over extinction for me and mine.

As I now write to avoid coming off as some kind of a sanctimonious moralist.

Dilemma / human condition ?

What difference would it have made to Chesapeake's "survival" to sell to a domestic interest or an ally as opposed to China ?

Were there other bidders / prospective buyers more friendly to us ?

Their money would spend the same as China's.

There must be international trade imbalances / debts involved - governmental approvals were involved as I read the various reports.

I feel violated!!

Yeah.

Violated.

Also crapped on.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service