Does anyone know if these gas companies and subcontractors use any compressed natural gas vehicles or do they just fill up with foreign diesel fuel?  US has Boon Pickens and corporations asking for governmental support and funding for CNG, one has to ask where the leadership is on this topic.

Views: 13070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nazis????   Geeeessssshhhh

You know what I mean Jim .

pretty rough huuh...!some how I can compare the acceptance of a procedure that is questionable at the least to what I mentioned ,See I do not follow without questioning especially when big business is involved .sorry if I offended you but this is what came into mind.....!

You wanna know what comes to mind with me Willie , your new name ,,, 

Ready ,   LWW

Mr Ferullo; how long have you lived in that area?

Lived here since 1974....long enough to know to see it is changing the area !

I do not doubt there is serious change.  I did the math on the four mile radius you used to point out there are 32 pads near you.  That equates to just over 50 sq miles so that means a pad for every 1.6 sq mikes which is what is to be expected.  I am sure there are issues like increased traffic, noise, dust, and more.

I am also sure you and your family have used several hundred tons of gas and oil related products over the decades. From heating to transportation to electricity to plastics to clothing to pharmaceuticals and many more products from petrochemicals. I suppose you think all that should come from someone else's back yard but not yours. Let them Texans and Okies worry about it.

You moved there in '74 to enjoy the country living. Yet there are families that have been there for many generations that are struggling to pay taxes, survive regulations imposed by people that live hundreds of miles away, see their kids go off to college and never return as they go elsewhere for jobs. Now they have a chance to get out of dept, enjoy some financial peace, and see their children or grandchildren get good paying jobs locally. Yet you have the right to tell them they shouldn't do it.

I am sorry you do not have the lifestyle you previously held. It is possible to move again, especially if it is for health reasons as you stated earlier. There are many areas of eastern Pa that will never see O & G development. I know moving is not easy but you have gotten substantial financial gain and may be able to move to an even better place.

This industry is not perfect, no industry is.  If a computer company located a chip factory there it would generate lots of truck traffic, use huge amounts of water and electricity, use toxic chemicals, and a host of other issues but no one would complain.

It is good that people keep an eye on the O & G's, point out their shortcomings, and force them to do a better job. But they need to be reasonable and should also welcome all the benefits that come with it.

Yes there is serious change you have to live it to get it !There can be pads every 1 square mile eventually ( more to come here) why would I lie it's on the Bradford  County Planning Comm. map (updated every 3months) .I don't feel the rationalizing of my use to gas drilling in my area is relevant  because living amongst drilling is very disruptive to the people living around it .Not to mention possible health effects ,etc. . I have accepted that my children had to move to other areas for work too and in a way  they are much better off for this !Why is it you think it OK for me to move again when I have lived here for about 38 years !If a new comer were to move into your neighborhood and set up and begin a 24/7  operation  you mean  you wouldn't feel the same as I do ! Come on be truthful !As far as being reasonable I believe I am quite reasonable I just expect drilling companies not to pollute my air ( and possibly my water someday ) and not to operate 24/7 pass my house which is quite close to a road .I would gladly accept normal 6:00 AM to even 11:00 PM hours ,but I like to get sleep sometimes (I'm sure you would also ) .See when you don't live in a drilling area like I do you can't relate to what I'm saying and even here if your off the major path  it might not bother you as much.When I moved here years ago this was a  quiet area since drilling began that has disappeared and the safety on the roads also has gone !

First of all I never accused you of lying so don't play that game.  I pointed out the density of pads is what is to be expected.

You use lots of gas and oil products but don't want drilling in your area?  I think that is relevant. The high intensity activity will probably continue for several more years, its part of the industry.

Yes, you can move again to an area with no prospect of drilling. Like I said, there are families there that have been there for many generations working the land and they welcome this opportunity. Your 38 yr tenure does not give you the right to deny them this use of the land.
And I wish you and others would use paragraphs as it makes reading long posts much easier.

First did not say you were lying ,just tried to be more specific .Second  please don't advise me on what I need to do in my life,Ok.I don't believe in denying any body of anything ,but believe if they decide to allow the drilling they should be held liable for any disruption or nuisance ! Last I didn't know we were back in school and you had to grade my posts....!

william ferullo said:

I don't believe in denying any body of anything ,but believe if they decide to allow the drilling they should be held liable for any disruption or nuisance !

I believe YOU decided to allow the drilling when you signed a lease so according to your own standard, shouldn't YOU hold YOURSELF liable for any disruption or nuisance?

Maybe I'm missing something here? Did you and your neighbors lease to the oil and gas producer or were your oil and gas rights HBP and flipped to them by a shallow well producer?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service