It looks like MarkWest is running a pipeline just sw of cadiz and they are looking for an easement thru my farm. I will get details tomorrow but my neighbor was visited and they talked about putting 5 pipelines thru this easement. Anybody else been contacted and is there any landowner groups for pipeline easements.

Views: 23884

Replies to This Discussion

G

New to the group and so glad I found this site!  We too were recently contacted by Markwest about purchasing a right of way thru our land on Unionvale Road. We are situated on Unionvale Road close to the Pine Valley Sportsman's Club.There actually is a drilling pad being constructed right up the road from us too.  We actually live in Wayne County so we don't know many people in the area that may have also  been contacted by Markwest.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.There's always power in numbers! I am learning quite a deal on here about this process that I was not aware of. I am glad we decided to look into some things before we sign. The offered us $15 a foot too, and seem to be in a hurry to get us to sign.   Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I also waws contacted about a easement for $15.00 a foot. Think it might be too early to sign

Other than some surveying going on....does anyone have an update on how the MarkWest negotiations are going.  More importantly does anyone know the diameter of the line between the plant in the Industrial park and the proposed plant in Hopedale.  Our land agent claims that he doesn't know.  He also claims that pipelines aren't dangerous.....or noisy.  Read this and post me your thoughts.

http://www.athensohiotoday.com/news/gas-company-settles-with-gloust...

Jason, I talked with the surveyors yesterday they are trying to finalize the pipeline route as he said many people that originally said yes have changed their minds about the pipeline going through them. As far as size our ROW agent told us 20 inch pipe. As you said, other than surveying, i havent heard from our agent in a few months.

I wonder if many people changed their mind based on MarkWest's low ball offer.  It really should be higher than they are offerring.  They really have inexperienced land agents...which I am not sure is good or bad.

I work for company that negotiates pipelines for CHK,  but I dont work in that department.  But I do know that they have deadlines to meet and WILL GO AROUND YOU if you demand too much money, I see it happen every day.  This is not leasing, remember that.  They will gladly make the pipeline a mile longer if they can sign people for half the price.  With that said Markwest is paying more now, but they will not match the $50/ft+ number that you are hearing from other places, they will go around you.  Pipelines are priced relative to the company and location, just because you hear that the pipeline going across Mizers on 250 payed $65 doesn't mean jack.

Especially those of you who own small acreage (<500 ac.), they will bypass you like walking around a puddle.  If you havent heard from a land agent in months, then you probably have been bypassed/

Chris

If you have the knowledge you claim to have than you should know that with inspections, pipe, and installation a 20 inch cost at least $175 a foot for installation.  This excludes secondary costs like surveying, environmental studies, etc...  So if i own 400 acres and it they have to install and extra 1500 feet of line to go around me, do you think that it pencils out if I ask for $60 a foot over $25 a foot.   Furthermore, if they do happen to go around for less that we think it is worth, than so be it.   Pipeline installations are messy, invasive, and permanent. 

The actual numbers matter very little.  What matters is where they want to get and how fast.  If they have a paid route up to your property and towards their destination, they aren't going to sit there and negotiate for months with you, they will just pay someone 15 and 10 and go around you, no matter what it costs them.  Sure re-routes are expensive , but not as expensive as now having to pay everyone $60 since thats what you got.  They are not going to double their going rate for the whole region just to go through your 400 ac.

Chris:

Correct assumming the acreage around me isn't high walls, wet lands, and other significant conditions that limit or encumber installation, not to mention the Indiana Bat issue.  Harrison isn't flat farm land with easy routes.  We also have sandstone bedrock outcrops in several locations with little to no top soil.  Your 15 and 10 go around concept is simple unless  you knew their route and the conditions around me for a re-route.  Keep on selling landman. 

I actually do know your area quite well, and they can bore under high walls and strip pits without much of a problem. The fox's Bottom/Croskey road area is a piece of cake compared to some of the other areas they will have to go through.  Im just telling you what I know since I get the information first hand from people who actually are paying the people.  Especially for transmission lines, the routes can change weekly depending on who they can sign.   Since I don't work for MarkWest, I can only assume what they will do based on my own negiations with them and my industry experience. Unlike leasing, we as landowners dont have the luxury to shop around, thus we have less power.   You can certainly get more money from them, but waiting for 60 on a single line will just leave you waiting

I agree with Jason, so let them go around. What are we actually out, the tiny amount of money they are offering, our land being tore to hell, woods destroyed, and dealing with multiple pipelines FOREVER! i would pay not to put up with that. They have about 3000' staked out across me. I am not completely opposed to a pipeline, but feel we should all be justly compensated for it. 15 Dollars is not enough, period!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service