check out this recent plat map of the Helen Halter wells in Harrison county......it shows the bottom hole only 30' from the unit boundary and shows the first perforation only 150' from the unit boundary.....same on the last perforation ......on each well............

the laterals are spaced pretty tight at 400' with a 900' cushion to the "sides" of the unit.......almost like they could add another one spaced at 400' and still have a 500' cushion........but both ends of the unit the fracking perforations are only 150' from the unit boundaries.

Views: 3056

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Booger:   Yes, I was wondering the same thing.   The Antero BARTO unit in NE Noble shows 350' to the unit boundary parallel to the lateral, and 150' from the bottom hole to the unit boundary.   Something is going on.

Attachments:

interesting.........Barto is 350' on the parallel cushion, and 700' spacing between laterals......so it seems Antero is convinced their fractures will not travel more than 350', and they must have also convinced the ODNR to get this permitted.

I like it - figured it would happen sooner or later.....tighter spacing can be good - and less standoff makes sense...

but what I don't understand is the 150' from the first/last perforations to the unit boundaries.....even in the case of the helenhalter where the lateral spacing is 400', the fractures could still be over 150' without bore to bore communication - yet the cushion is only 150'................do fractures generally travel only perpendicular to the bore?......that's hard to believe.

That well is very close to me. How do you get those plat maps?

ODNR web site.   Which well are you near? 

Here's the one next to the BARTO with more tight spacing to the boundaries.   Put the Barto together with the Kahrig and you get one big unit with the laterals separated by 700'.   Maybe if the driller controls both units, they can do this?

Attachments:

Hiker, we are near the Halter well and also the NM Harrison. I know how to look up permits/plug on ODNR's site but have no clue on the plat maps. Can you help? TIA

Sure (I'll try).   Go to the oil/gas well database.....click REPORTS.....then click COMPLETIONS.....then fill in your information and hit the upper left tab REPORT.....then page through the well reports until you find the one you want......page down to the bottom of the report and click on PLATMAPS.   There may be several plats, so you just have to look through them all until you find one you like.   If no plats are listed at the bottom of the page, they haven't been posted by ODNR yet, and either 1.) you wait until it is.....or 2.) you call ODNR and request them to go find it and email it to you.   If your well does not show up in COMPLETIONS, try COUNTY ENGINEER and see if it is there.   The permits will show first on COUNTY ENGINEER before they show on COMPLETIONS.   Good luck.

HIKER - I found the page, entered the info (as much as i could), hit "report" and i get a blank page.  We've been producing since April and still no drill unit plat.

Phillips 16, which well are you trying to get a plat map for?

William Phillips. Harrison county. North township. # 34-067-2-1181-00-00. Utica. Gulfport.

The ODNR reports site can be awesome at times (when it works) and other times it's complete crap. I've always found that when starting search queries that sometimes less is more when trying to find what you're looking for. 

Phillip,  Thanks, I've been trying to get that for months.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service