Attached is the permit file from ODNR and also a plat map of the well.

Views: 17743

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Rex Energy is exploring for oil in the Devonian...not gas. I'm paraphrasing here, but at a recent conference call they said their Devonian core was "seeping oil." So just like the Utica/PP...I think it depends on location as far as what type of hydrocarbons exist for production in the Devonian.

"Add in the secondary recovery methods in the East Canton Oil Field and we're talking about a real, sustainable energy plan for Ohio."

That is as long as Kasich's "Wealth Distribution" plan doesn't get passed. Here is an article about Kasich’s severance tax plan and what a severance tax increase did to drilling activity in Arkansas. http://chrislittleton.com/2012/06/25/kasich-and-ohio-legislature-sp...

...what the article neglects to say is that the landowners who don't have a "lessee pays all severance taxes" clause in their lease will also have to pay the 400% severance tax increase. How many landowners are aware of that tidbit? Few if any! Do all Ohio Farmers and Landowners want to be the source of income for this so called tax break? I didn’t think so. I urge all Ohio landowners to contact their respective representatives and scream at them about this proposed legislature…they’re big boys… they can take it!

BGJ

Out where Rex is looking I'm not surprised that there's oil potential.  I should have narrowed my commentary to the portions of Ohio where we were looking for gas.  Either way it's more good news, something this state can always use.  As far as severance tax goes I'm perplexed by Kasich's plan.  An increase in the tax is absolutely needed as it has been very, very low for a long time and ODNR could use the funding.  But 400%?  That's egregious.  He's clearly using this as a political, wealth redistribution ploy to try and get back some of the voters he lost with the SB5 debacle.  The tax--which should have been a 15-20% increase and have been established after a certain production threshold--should also be limited to producers and exempt out landowners.  

"Plan for fracking waste well withdrawn"

What a pitiful city...loose $1 million in real estate tax funds because of tax reassessments...and then turn away businesses that could help a city prosper. Mr. Spon, when you and Mr Theaker are the last two persons to leave the decrepit city of Mansfield...don't forget to turn off the lights at the carousel...we wouldn't want you to waste electricity.

I wonder if your constitutes would agree that this is a victory if they knew how much money the city was loosing...once a boomtown..now a loosertown.

http://ohne.ws/Nzajlq

"... the city must remain vigilant against other companies"

Wow.  That's not the mayor of some communist city, it's the mayor of an American city.  No wonder manufacturing wants nothing to do with the city.

When you get a chance look up the book "Rotten to The Core," the city of Mansfield hasn't changed since it was published. The old money still controls the politics and is corrupt as well.
Do you have a road name by chance?
Sweet! What is the name of said excavating co...if you can give that out that is.

Thanks JODI....keep us posted and I'll try to do the same.

Yea...thats kinda close to the surface for any hydro-fracing operations. Maybe it was recorded wrong and should have been a vertical.

I found this on the latest permit & plug list. A new horizontal well permit for Coshocton County issued to ELEPHANT EXPLORATION INC. from Hartville Oh...from the Utica thru the Rose Run w/559.89 acres.  I wonder if they are affiliated with Anadarko?

Attachments:

I heard from two different individuals from different companies both in the business.  I am sorry to report that the wells are looking to be a bust.  The wells are watered up with little to no pressure.  They will likely be plugged because of the normal pressure. The western productive boundary will move east / southeast.  Hopefully the march west ward in central Ohio will find production in Licking and Knox Counties.  Don't be suprised that this is discribed in the next devon conference call.

Boy...Devon must be the dumbest bunch in the drilling industry...and yet they can turn kergon into liquid with steam. Weren't you the one who posted on this site about an "artificial lift" from AERIAL that Devon uses in a western state because of the low pressure. I guess that must only work in Texas!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service