This week a Senator revealed a new EPA set of regulations which include the study of "fracking" in the Utica, Marcellus, and other shale formations around the country. Coal is not the only mineral under attack by this administration. They are to go into effect right after the election, according to the Senator's report.  For those of you that want to keep your chances of receiving royalties the reason to vote against Obama is more important then ever. Please vote!!! This play will be shut down. 

Views: 3745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fang, I agree, I don't want either political side or whoever is in seats of power to have a one stop shop at the federal level to push their agendas.  Or radical environmentalists or corp. lobbyists or anyone in between.  This bill has little hope of going anywhere but the States have to be proactive with their regulations or the Feds are likely to step in.

Fang: You and Jack Straw are for more eloquent than I am and make the case against Obama in regard to natural gas far better than I can.  I am amazed that Elnathan can't see it. It is extremely sad that Ohioans and Pennsylvanians may decide the election in favor of Obama, and in doing so severely curtail the very industry that has the potential to bring about innumerable jobs and a real economic boom in these two states. It is eminently clear that Obama is against all fossil fuels, and that his supporters include virtually all of the anti-frackers and radical environmentalists. That should, but apparently does not, tell all of us what we need to know when we vote. Scary! 

Drudge posted an item earlier today:  In Ohio Dems are busing large numbers of Somalis to the polls, then instructing them in their own language how to vote.  The citizenship status of many is highly questionable . . but their votes will count anyway.  There are 45,000 of these people in Ohio.  About 40% are citizens.  Most have trouble with the English language.

Anyway, if even small numbers of Ohio landowners/royalty owners stay home and "don't bother" to vote we are toast.   And let's be honest, it would not be uncommon for upwards of 20%-30% of such people to be "too busy".

We already have (what amounts to) a foreigner running this country.  Love him or detest him, say what you will about Romney, he IS an American 100%.  It really frosts my grits when the legitimate citizens of this country are so willing to turn it over to foreigners.  But there's a lot more coming by bus than just these Somalis.  If we don't stand up, we will go down.  Big time.

And if we can get Romney in, I'm confident that in 2016 there will not be UN observers watching our polling places.  Personally I cannot even imagine such an outrage.  But for Obama it's wonderful.  If we don't get out to vote this time there might not be another (legitimate) opportunity.  If you don't bother to vote, and vote smart, this time, count yourself a fool in my eyes.  America hangs in the balance. 

Hunter, I agree with Missy, can you be more specific? who is the senator? Shall we commend him? This must be something different than ms fang is talking about... since that study wont be out until 2014... not in two weeks. You say it is a set of regs which the epa will implement?  sounds like a done deal. I think this is extremely important information... please show us what and who you are talking about! Can we read about it in the news of some sort? Or do you have an inside connection with one of your ohio senators? (i assume you are from Ohio as per your profile county groups) Please please  elaborate... dont just throw out this horrible news and hide... dont yell fire in a theatre!!!

Hunter, maybe landowners should take whatever crappy signing bonus offered to them while they still can?  I can only imagine what this is going to do the the offers from the producers....Only two or three weeks left in these shale plays? holy smokes! Run for your lives!!! Sign on while you can! Sell all your stock in these companies? Thanks for the inside info Hunter!!!  You are a gentleman and a scholar!

Rick...Some of us do take this a bit more serious than you. If you are not worried by the possibility of us minerals owners loosing what we have,then why even involve yourself in the discussion? My guess is that your reason is either you are not a mineral owner or you are all in for Obama's green policies, or both. Am I right? 

Hunter, you are making assumptions and you know what assumptions do dont you. Anyway, they are usually wrong. I dont believe you have the magical ability to read someone's mind, mine or the President's. I do take this very very seriously, been following this all for about 5 or 6 years. I am a long time land owner, I "own" my mineral rights..  I dont buy into anybody's complete agenda. I guess  I am not the type that trusts "everything" I hear or see. I dont trust the O&G companies from experience in dealing with them. And particularly I dont believe much of anything a landshark says. Thanks for asking. Having said that, it does help to see SOME evidence of what you are saying. Can you answer my questions? Who told you this information, or did you read it or hear it somewhere where we all can see and judge for ourselves, or are you assuming again. Assuming that we arent smart enough to understand what you can and form our own opinion? What specifically is going to be implemented to destroy this and other plays? And one more question. Do you seriously think this play will be shut down a month from now? If so, I stand by my advice to sell all your stock in these companies, and lease your land for any pittence you can get in the next few days. Do you not think the O&G companies give tons of money to the R party? Well they also give tons of money to the D party... its called hedging you bet. Buying influence no matter who wins.

Hunter,

I would guess that your claim in this discussion is true.  Although when asked specifics you have offered none.  Asking folks to beleive your claim without any reference is no different than a radical greeenie spewing allegations without facts.  You are correct in that some of us take this very serious.  Many folks that are serious want facts, not just another feather to fluff up what they think is true. 

The first time I saw a well flaring my first thought was why don't they put a torch tip on top so it burns cleaner?  Otherwise some will complain and want them to capture everything that is lost during flaring.  Although the flare pipe looks like a rocket it is not rocket science, they need to add a little air to the flare in my opinion, then the industry may have a little more breathing room and a nice blue flare tip for ads. 

Actually Dan, there are some companies that capture the initial gas instead of flaring it. First time I saw it about 5 years ago, I thought "how wasteful I could heat my home for a lifetime with what they are burning in a day"!The capture process is called "green finishing" or green completion" I know I know.. green is a four letter word... hope I dont get placed on the warning wall for using it! But, anyway, google it, and see what you think. Its technology that is available today, might be a bit more expensive, I dont know, but if all are required to use it, there will no competitive advantage to just burn it off. Just like just dumping used frac fluid on the ground would be a comptetive advantage, but they all have to play by the same rules. If it raises the cost of finished natural gas by a few cents/mcf, I say thats fine, its not like people will stop using NG...

Oh and Dan, part of my sarcastic response above is because posts like Hunter's can and do convince some people to sign bonus offers before the money dries up and goes away in a month.These sound like what the landsharks tell people "sign now or get left out" or "take this because in a month the industry may not be leasing or offering as much" ... scare tactics I say...

Rick,

The green completion looks good on the surface.  Does it allow enough dirt, sand and water out to allow the well to be as productive as possible?  A small amount of dirt going in the pipeline could cause havoc to todays furnaces.  When claims are made that 40% of greenhouse methane comes from well flaring and 40% comes from leaking in the near consumer pipelines and 40% is natural, well it doesn't add up.

I agree, ones political, environmental and economic agendas can and do cloud the waters.  I guess we all let our own veiws superceed one topic for another time to time.  Hopefully we all become more aware of all the impacts of the energy plays around us,  positive or negative.  GMS is great tool in many ways.   

Dan I believe they run the inital gas through settling tanks, works like plumbing traps. And then I think I read somewhere that the product is rich in ethelene so it is trucked to a facility to be processed for other stuff and sold. I dont think the initial gas that would have been flared is put into the distribution line unprocessed.

On another note, I believe someday there will be a process to "mine" the spent frac water for minerals and such that are disolved in the water, and used for some valuable application. Wherein the frac water may actually be an asset to be sold for a profit.

During flaring I don't believe they want to restrict the gas flow, which is what using  a tip  would do I suspect.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service