EV Energy Partners has said it intends to keep an additional 73,500 acres in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania, at least for now. The acreage being retained totals 56,600 acres in Ohio and 16,900 acres in Pennsylvania.

The company said it intends to keep its shallow vertical-only wells in Ohio’s Clinton sandstone and the deeper Knox wells.

Walker also announced in Friday’s teleconference that his companies and a partner are developing a new plan to drill 20 new exploratory oil wells in three areas of Stark and Tuscarawas counties.

That drilling could begin late this year, officials said.

The company is seeking to locate and develop what’s called the volatile Utica oil window that drillers so far have largely been unable to tap.

The project’s partner was identified by Walker only as a privately held energy company with acreage near EnerVest’s holdings.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/more-d...

Could the partner be Sierra?

Views: 13095

Replies to This Discussion

Permit List   From 08/16/2013 To 08/16/2013    
County/ App/Issued Date   Well Name&No/Company  Surface Location Target Location
STARK   DICKERHOOF J & L UNIT 2-H XCoord S: 2359695 XCoord T 2358490
34151258420000   ENERVEST OPERATING L YCoord:S 432815 YCoord T 434296
Dt App 07/18/2013   300 CAPITOL STREET SUITE 200 Lot S:   Lot T  
Dt Issued 08/16/2013     Sec S: 24 Sec T 24
Acreage: 42   CHARLESTON, WV 25301 Quad S: ROBERTSVILLE Quad T ROBERTSVILLE
Depth 5200   3043435505 Civil Twp S: NIMISHILLEN Civil Twp T  NIMISHILLEN
Well Class POOL       Footage S 215'NL & 445'WL OF SE QTR SEC 24
Formation(s): OHIO SHALE THRU CLINTON   Footage T 1230'SL & 795'EL OF NW QTR SEC 24
Purpose: OG   Rig: RTAF Type: Drill New Well, horizontally Urban 5000 Elevation S  1224 Elevation T 1215
Open browser with map of well location.        

Permit now says Ohio shale through the Clinton. The horizontal permit for this well was issued on January 28th. No plat map yet on the completion reports.

I looked on the ODNR well locator map and this Enervest Rummell Farms lateral will run NW and looks to be about 2,964 ft in length for the lateral.

MIke....of course they are looking for clients.......But, thre still can be some information shared/learned at the meeting.  And any information is a good thing

BEEN TO 2 OF THOSE TYPE MEETINGS IN WV ....BOTH THE LAWYERS WERE TRYING TO GET LANDOWNERS TO JOIN A GROUP AND THEN MANAGE THE GROUP AND GET A PERCENTAGE OF THE MONEY FOR THEM OVERSEEING IT .....JUST WANTED PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS PROBABLY ALL ABOUT ......THOSE LAWYERS HAVE NOMORE INFO THEN U CAN GET ON HERE ..........AT THE ONE MEETING THEY USED SCARE TACTICS .....TELLING US THAT PARTS OF THE MARCELLUS SHALE WAS LIKE PUDDING AND WORTHLESS ......I AM  NOT GEOLOGIST BUT SHALE IS NOT LIKE PUDDING .....SHALE IS LAYERS OF ROCK AND I NEVER SEEN ROCK THAT WAS LIKE PUDDING LOL IF U HAPPEN TO GO HAVE U A LIST OF QUESTIONS U ALREADY HAVE ANSWERS FOR AND SEE WHAT THEIR ANSWERS ARE......   LEASEHOLDERS/LANDOWNERS  BEWARE 

A good article here on the volatile oil window from Enervest call today. I also heard on the 2 wells they will drill this year in the volatile oil window they are going to do 4 different frac techniques on each well to see what will work and what does not. Also they said Chesapeake is looking at moving more west and drilling the oil window this year as well.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/ev-ene...

Hi TM, Can you tell us which wells.  Is there any in sounthern tuscarawas county, Thanks Tena

Enervest participated in the Chesapeake Parker well and the Halcon Kibler well as a non op participating partner. I do not know where they intend to drill the 2 wells in 2014. They have the Nettle well in Clay township permitted to drill. They also are non op partners in the EQT wells in Guernsey County.

They are gaining a lot of knowledge as well from being in a joint venture with Chesapeake and Total. I believe it is just a matter of time and the oil window will start heating up as they find the right completion and frac techniques that will work.

Thanks TM, i am supposed to be part of the nettle well hbp with enervest for the deep rights and petrox for the shallow well, if the sounthern part of the nettle well gets permitted  The parker well is not far from me as a crow flies so hope it does well. Thanks for the info,

Okay. And then one more question if I may and I’ll jump off. When do you expect to be able to talk about volatile oil window, well results either operatef or not op?

Mark A. Houser - Chief Executive Officer

Kevin, as it was mentioned, I think everybody’s aware, EQT has slowed down some of their activities in oil window. On the other hand, Chesapeake, through our Total, Chesapeake, EnerVest joint venture, we have a well that we’ve drilled and completed the Parker well. They’re going to be bringing on line later this year, really later this summer within a few weeks I believe.

The information on that, when we’re able to announce that we’re really anticipate having some data on that, kind of around July and August window. And then we’re also planning on drilling some of our wells around that timeframe if well, our one or two wells we plan drilling this as we mentioned before. So, I’ll say it will be kind of third quarter-ish when we should start having some good data.

I will say on the Parker well they’ve change the frac design quite a bit. They’ve expanded the amount of sand we’re pumping in a pretty big way even relative to those most recent EQT wells which were pretty wells as well, so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2211983-ev-energy-partners-evep-ceo...

Our estimates of oil in place through most of Tuscarawas, Stark and Guernsey Counties is around 20 million to 30 million barrels per section. Ascending the midpoint, this is about 5.5 million barrels of oil in place for 140 acre well. Lets say 400,000 barrels per well is needed for attracting economics with a good, sustained flow rate initiating from the IPs of 500 barrels to 700 barrels a day, this represents recovery of around 7% of oil in place, very similar to reported recoveries in other oil shale.

The challenge in the oil window appears to be fracture design and minimizing reservoir damage upon completion. We are working with industry partners currently on some studies designed to help us better understand the flow capacity of the oil window rock. We still plan on drilling in the oil window later this summer and are closely monitoring on our oil window wells.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2211983-ev-energy-partners-evep-ceo...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service