A friend called yesterday and said a smaller drilling rig was on site.

Views: 4484

Replies to This Discussion

I saw the article in the Clarion News as well and have visited the site several times.  I just heard that the rig was gone as of Friday April 5th.  Do you know if they are finished drilling and are getting ready to frack?

What's going on at Frills Corners?  Did they do the fracking?  Does anyone know anything?

According to the newspaper, the fracking will be soon.  It probably depends on the work schedule and availability of equipment.

Thanks.  Seems to be the only drilling in the area?

There is the Halcon/Allam well near Polk, the Chevron/Brosius well in Rockdale. Senaca has a pad just north of Frills Corners...drilled a couple of wells last year... and they have a permit for a pad south west of Rt 8 near Bruin or in that area.

I drove by the well site at Frills Corners last night and saw some activity. Lots of large lights, some trailers and some machinery after vacancy for months. I had read that they were waiting to frack until a gathering pipeline was built. Any word on what is happening?
In today's Clarion News,,, http://www.theclarionnews.com/news/2013-08-27/Front_Page/Frack_wate...

"A convoy of four water trucks heads for Chevron’s Milyo shale gas well site at Frills Corners Aug 23. Chevron spokesman Nathan Calvert says trucks are hauling in water and equipment in preparation for hydraulic fracturing, which could begin as early as this week. The entire operation should last a few weeks. The company will use a mixture of fresh water and water recycled from other shale gas operations in the “fracking” process. Flare tests – where gas is released and burned off to obtain measurements and information about the wells – will likely be done this fall and could last two to four weeks. Chevron has two gas wells at the Milyo site, initially drilled in June of 2012, then horizontally drilled in March of this year."

They have been flaring the well for a little over a week. Can see it great from the road, nice beautiful big flare. I really need to find time to get over there and get photos, just seems like there is never a free moment.

Have you personally been by to see the flare? Is it very loud from the road? Great news to hear they are flaring it.

I was at the Milyo site today and took a photo of the flare. I was unable to figure out how to post the picture on the discussion site, but I did add it to the photos on the gomarcellus site. Big, healthy flare. Not much noise, but the wind was blowing.

milyo flare daylight and night.

Attachments:

not much noise, sounded about like a gas grill turned on when we were parked at the gas station. Ready to get out the marshmallows. LOL. Sorry, couldn't get the photos to rotate the way I wanted but at least you can see the nice flare

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service