I have heard of many wells being drilled in Tioga County, mostly in the eastern and southern portions.  I have not heard of anyone recieving royalties yet.  Are there any wells actually shipping gas down a pipeline yet?  What companies are doing this?  General locations such as townships might be informative also.  Thanks.

Views: 655

Replies to This Discussion

I live near Sheridan, Wyoming at the base of the Bighorn Mountains. I did work as a heating and air conditioning serviceman for a local company for several years. The local economy has caused me, like so many others to come up with a different solution. i am working at starting my own business in HVAC. Things have picked up with a great deal of encouragemnet to me in the last week or so. With all due humility, I know my trade and work cheap. If the gas wells had kicked in a little sooner, I probably wouldn't be doing this, especially at my age, but what the Hell, a person has to keep living until he dies and I've got lots of living to do. When a person has lived half a century, the risk of failure isn't so scary, having had some experiences in the practice of its various forms already.
we are from downstate, hershey, pa area. bought land from waldo and olive wood, hubby built our home 11 yrs ago. so here we are in little marsh. i worked for vamc, human resources, so i am agressive and upfront person. ha ha ha. no grass growing under my feet. we have invited the surveyors up to the house for coffee and they did take me up on it. their big boss is from lebanon co, pa exactly where we are from. i have taken lots of pics in our area of the progress. the mexicans doing the seismic testing even posed with my pics on rte 249 last yr. the neighbor bordering cummings has asked mr cummings if i can go up to the site and take closer pics. no answer yet on that one. i know mr cummings and when i see him outside his home, i'll ask him myself. he will either say yes or no. ha ha ha. if you want, email me and i will share pics, etc. thanks for chatting with me.
east resource ceo bought 600 acres in little marsh, glenn road for $4.2 million with ogm. we know the gentleman that sold it to him....we call him cowboy joe.
What will you call the CEO of East Resources? Maybe "neighbor." I guess that depends on how he treats you. Maybe he doesn't care.
this acreage has a beautiful log home. ceo is going to use it as a hunting camp.
there used to be an artisian well that flowed out of a pipe into a wooden tub in front of Grand Dad's old barn before Hubler owned it. The tub was gone the last that I knew, but the water still flowed. All of those poeple that you mention are old friends. Nice to hear about them. Sorry to hear about Earl. Nobody gets any younger.
Maybe compressor station, etc???
My granddad used to own a farm on South Hill, but sold it. i think the man's name was Ubler. Marty Wood did live just up the road from the old place. i watched grand dad kill a four foot rattler in the road there once with a two foot jack handle. we tied the headless snake to the back of the load of hay and he and I skinned it when we got back to the main farm. In some ways, this gas boom may preserve some of these complete farms into the future. i guess land can be sold into smaller plots for developmnet without the mineral rights. Maybe most people will not want to do that subdividing as long as the minerals allow them to afford to keep the farms intact.
AMEN TO THAT
marty wood still lives there and he is one of our township supv. his brother henry wood has a beautiful B&B in chatham township. some of the east workers stayed there. we know the hubler's, too. mr hubler's son, doug hubler, is also a friend of ours. whenever he is in camp, always calls or stops over. from our front porch, we can see marty and hubler's property. alot of the farms are in clean and green and also crep. we live near howard wattles and the old earl cooper farm. earl passed away 6 yrs ago and his farm was auctioned off. earl's daughter, gayle has some of the acreage. has a hunting camp on it, now. she will be getting 2 gas wells and the pipeline will go thru her property. then, over to cummings.
I own the property that butts to the north of Knepp . We signed a pipe line right a way agreement with East back in march for them to run a line thru my property because they are runing into wet lands on knepps. They also want to put a well on that same hill .That well will have 4 to 6 hoz. wells in it. That is the info I got from east last week. As we all know this can change at any time.
East still has not sent me notice of the change from Chesapeake as of May 1
thank you so much for this info. yesterday, i talked to 1 person that they're family will not sign the pipeline agreement to go thru their property, even though east has their stakes on it. which they are very upset about. this out to be interesting. sincerely, nancy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service