Franklin PA .... 2.69/gal

Views: 2172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just outside of hundred

.......my dad was born in Littleton  gas in hundred still 259

Ilive just out the road from the well that u posted a picture of on windy ridge

$2.21.9 South jersey and we don't pump our own gas.

The national news used a US map showing the states where the prices of gasoline were expected to be the highest which included Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and I believe Kentucky was included. This is the first time I can remember seeing one area of the country being singled out when a petroleum processing plant was down. The whole country is typically affected.

I believe we need to get the word out that Ohio isn't full of millionaires from the Shale Oil Boom at the present time, but, if we can enforce the Corrupt Activity Laws in Ohio that could change.

There are 4 Shale Play State candidates running for President. Let's make sure they aren't elected for partnering with Chesapeake and Chesapeake's $$$$$.

Separation Of Corporation & State should be our next big goal after we set the O&G corporations under control, or at least following the laws of the States they are in.

R.H.

"Separation of Corporation and State" ... Mike Dewine stated, "There is nothing that I can do when one gas station increases their prices because they see that the nearby gas station has increased their price. That is not collusion".

Western PA - Eastern OH border area:

Price was down to $1.99, a week ago

Price was up to $2.89, around mid week

Price now back down to $2.52 - $2.65, today

2.89 (around midnite last) greater Cleveland, Ohio (including North Ridgeville and Parma).

One more thing...

I read on this site that Pentane from our NGLs which by the way are free to Chesapeake, are being processed in the refinery in Canton, or would soon be processed in Canton.

Taking Pentane free then selling it at the pump at $4.00 could go a long way towards saving Chesapeake from certain OPEC financial doom. Could money influence BP to shut down a processing plant then cause a nation to raise prices only in the region Chesapeake is producing free Pentane.

With big money people like Carl Icahn who owns 10% of Chesapeake's stock, anything is possible.

What is Seperaation of Corporation & State? Declaring Political Action Committee funds as what they are, a way for corporations to buy politicians. That money goes on to Washington with the politician when he gets the boot, so he can be a Lobbyist for the same corporation. Consider this, corporate money may be interfering with "Government By The People For The People". Let me restate that, corporate money is interfering with "Government By The People For The People". Sometimes you have to state the obvious before people make the connection.

Aug. 14, 2015

paying for gasPredrag Vuckovic—Getty Images/iStockphoto

Prices at some gas stations spiked 50¢ overnight.

Earlier this week, analysts proclaimed that $2 gas would be common once again around the U.S. Global oil prices are cratering, nearing $40 per barrel, and shrinking wholesale rates can only result in lower prices at the pump.

Or so one would think.

Despite plunging oil prices, drivers throughout the Midwest have been subjected to dramatic price spikes at gas stations this week. In Cincinnati, for instance, the price for a gallon of regular increased more than 40¢ overnight at some stations. Less than two weeks after analysts predicted average prices in Michigan would drop below $2 by Christmas, average prices have soared to $2.98 according to AAA. The average price per gallon in Illinois has inched up to just under $3 as well.

The rise in prices throughout the Midwest has caused the national average to increase too, hitting $2.65 on Friday. That’s after a 27-consecutive-day decrease in prices had left the average at $2.58 on Tuesday.

Indiana has been one of the hardest-hit states, with gas stations in greater Indianapolis charging 67¢ more than they were earlier in the week. Speaking of Indiana, a problem with a refinery in the state is what’s being blamed for broad price hikes throughout the region. Specifically, an outage in part of the British Petroleum refinery in Indiana—”the most important unit in the biggest plant in the Midwest,” per Bloomberg—is what’s causing prices to spike during prime summer driving season.

Drivers are understandably more than a little upset at the unexpected rise in gas station prices, and some aren’t accepting the refinery problem as a legitimate reason for the swift increase. In Michigan, Rep. Michael Webber even called on the state attorney general to launch an investigation into the matter, which he suggested smells of opportunistic price gouging. “This dramatic increase in price deserves a full investigation by a trusted Michigan official,” Webber said in a statement. “In Michigan’s improving economic climate, the necessity of this price spike must be questioned.”

Meanwhile, Reuters is reporting that the refinery outage being blamed for extraordinarily high prices in the Midwest “may take months to resolve

Captive market.

Look Out.

Once organized same thing as a multiplicity of monopolies.

today gas down 10 cents to 2.59 Hundred West Virginia

station received a new load of gas last evening

Mariam,

Thanks for the visit & update for us folks in the Midwest/Northeast.

Sorry to hear Southern California is so expensive.

California has tried to set the standard for protecting life/being pro-human, but when I read a label that says: This product has been determined to cause cancer in California, I tend to think it's a good thing we aren't in California using this product.

We have a high tax area over the border in PA. It's called Allegheny County PA. I've heard people complain about the property taxes but they won't move to Ohio to save thousands each year in taxes. So they work well past 60, 65, 70 and so on.

One more thing, when it's 100 degrees in South Carolina, it's sometimes 70 degrees in Ohio which makes it easy on the wallet for most of the summer. Not today though.

Drop in and visit us again, it's been a pleasure.

2.179 Raleigh NC

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service