On my way home from work yesterday I passed six giant white trucks that had Geokinetics on the doors. There also are cables running from Sandy Lake to I-79 that connect to boxes. I found out that Geokinetics is a geophysical service company that services the petroleum and mining industries! I guess somebody is spending a lot of money to find out what is under Mercer County! I hope they find a lot of what they are looking for! Mercer County has both Marcellus and Utica. 

Views: 2965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Just had Geokinetics personal in our shop today and they are just finished this week in Warren county and "McKean Co - The wells around Ormsby on Rt 59" are very interesting and secret production so far. also have KANE/BRADFORD OIL in the 2.000 to 2,500 deep. Several Drilled oil wells just 50 feet off my property line and 2 miles EAST to the Ormsby wells.

Geokinetics Will be going South from this area starting next week..

What is being looked for is not to be discussed by the personal but in a few months to late summer may then see the leasing in the North Central countys pick up.

Here is what has them interested and that is a third formation not discussed by any one as it's value is unknown by those in the know.

Marcellus and Utica would be most discussed to be lease in future, along with oil potental in Utica and the random 3rd formation.

TG Mott

I saw 5 of the ground pounders parked at north washington rodeo ground last night. Had the sensors along route 38 starting just south of eau clare and went for a numbers of miles.

The formation they are speaking about is The Hamilton I believe. I have heard some discussion on his. While drilling into Marcelluss we cross several hydrocarbon zones of interest which we use as a marker to see the run of the shale. There is also the C&D which also could be a potential target. This is dependent of the developent of the formations geologically and may or may not be what Geo is doing

Homer J Smoth

Lets just pray that the Feds stay out of this. I think we have more resources then the Feds and government wants us to know.
Geokinetics is in Armstrong County right now.  Flags and cable are strung together from along Rt 268 north of Kittanning, through downtown Kittanning, east along Rt 85 toward Rural Valley, then south along backroads toward Elderton.  Consol is planning several well sites in the area east of Kittanning.  Consol Land man says 2012 is the proposed drilling. 

More Geokinetics flags seen along roadway in front of Lowe`s Store in Indiana heading west & east...

wonder how much it costs to receive their data  -- and would it be worth having when negotating a lease?  any thoughts?

I believe the data is private and not open to public inspection.
It may be - however, i think companies are completing surveys along public right-of ways to profit from the information gathered by selling it to oil and gas companies - therefore - it may be available to those who purchase a log in from that company.  Are we(public) different than any other customer?  I will email today and ask if i can purchase a login to their info. that is available through their website.
anyone can purchase the information - think of how valuable it would be to negotiate a lease when you have that info.
What is the price of getting access to it?

i am curious if individuals would be willing to pay - would someone be willing to pay for the testing even if they already had a lease?  I guess if you had a lease it would still be interesting to know....so.. this is a great place for this discussion: How many people are willing to pay that have leases and how many are willing to pay that do not?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service