A landman has contacted us about leasing our property near Conneaut Lake.  The offer seems pretty low... at first it was $25/acre 12.5% royalties.  He called a few days later and upped it to $50.  This is for a 5 year lease.  Has anyone else been contacted by Guardian in this area?

Views: 2397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, I mean "non-operating" intrest.  My mistake. 

Guardian is low-balling you so bad.  He's over $1,000 off @ the very least.  The royalty he's offering is the state MINIMUM.  Stay clear.  Get with a group or start one!  Signing his lease is not in your best interest.  What landmen say is one thing, while what actually happens is something else.

Dave - I am in the same situation here in Jamestown. Our landman works for Enervest. I was told today the last offer was $50/acre, 12.5%. The last time it was $40/acre, 15% gross. Most of the ground in Greene Township has been leased with vertical wells everywhere.  I think a landowner group may help but where to begin? It will most likely be scattered properties due to all of the leased ground.  I was told they are drilling vertical Utica wells. He also told me I could get free gas (highly unlikely with the deep wells).

Enervest has 25% backing from Chesapeake.

Ron, There is a well-established landowners group for Cattaraugus and Allegany Counties, that also has extensive involvement just across the line in PA's McKean and Potter counties.  Among members and near-by landowners there has been a flurry of activity by landmen and  companies reaching out to first-time leasers, and lease renewals.  Techniques used by these "reps" are deplorable in many ways, but the most obvious are the $$$ per AC and royalty %'s offered.  Do Not Sign for the first time OR the Lease Renewals. Options exist.

A meeting is being held just across the state line in Shinglehouse, PA tomorrow night.  I realize Jamestown is a distance, but the audience members and Group members have come from as far away as Colorado, Massachusetts, N. Carolina and many points in- between.  This  IS an established group that is very active.  Soon a goodly number of them will be signing a 5 yr. lease, without option for renewal unless  horizontal drilling is being done.  Companies have to produce ... or leave.  That's just one of the many good clauses. 

Travel to the Shinglehouse Fire Hall on 121 Puritan Ave. @ 6:30.  Take a couple friends, and prepare to listen, take notes, and join in the free exchange of ideas and questions that need to be shared if this region is to make the most of its resources.

I'd like to hear your "take" on this group, after you attend the meeting.

Contact me:  jlhanch@nc.rr.com

How has that 4 county group worked out for you so far?

Didn't it start in 2007 or 2008, but have yet to get any activity on your land? 

Now, you say a goodly number are going to be signing a lease, what about the rest, that missed out because of your past promises?

We received a call a few weeks ago from Guardian.  I didn't pay much attention to the conversation, not that interested.  Now we got a lease offer from them in the mail, $35 per acre, with 12.5% royalties, for 5 years.  This doesn't sound very good at all.  We're located in Summitt Twp. Crawford county.  Does anybody know of any others offering leases in this area?

There is a landowners group forming in your area. The next public meeting is Oct 4th. No time or location yet. There was a meeting last night in Conneaut Lake and I attended.  It's just what this area needs.

the e-mail address for the new group is:

nwpalandownergroup@hotmail.com

No website yet

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service