We're still waiting to sign and have lease offers in the wings....... should we wait a few more months or sign now? Will the $$$ go up? Has the interest moved to the Utica in Ohio and away from PA?

Views: 17311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mum must be the word.......

" Mum must be the word......." - Glenn you lost me? 

For some reason Dkinpa hasn't responded.  Must be negotiating with someone for their group.  Just seems one would post what they are hearing when one asks others to do the same.  Maybe in due time. 

Thats what I mean...must be a secret for now....sharing is a supposed to be a two way street.

Ron, well said, me too on the talking it up about the opportunity we face here. I'm having "I Hit The Lottery" dreams at night about all this, IE; big plans for my little piece of nothing farm, with the "Bonus Money", lol.

I am blown away, by the way, with some of the comments to this post.

The collective intellect here, astounding, really.

Some interesting facts and theories.

Some contributor's here are more than "just dumb farmer's" for shure!

"Just dumb farmer's" is how some in the ranks of O&G company men, see us.

Lets prove them wrong and take them to task.

How can anyone truly know what the future predicts? The one constant is the fact that people in the industry will low-ball you(it is called business).  Supply and demand is the largest factor in what current land evaluation is based upon.....The rest is left to hedging and wall street.. So,  if you are looking if land has capped at the infancy of Marcellus drilling, "YES YES YES".. If you are looking towards a extended period of time...."NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!"  If you are in need of money, get paid the the market value at the time....  How much and what you do with it is your business!!!

thanks Ron Hale for that description...clearly that is why many folks are angry that they were told certain things while in ignorance of what the clauses really meant....and some do not even know when they will ever see a royalty and the sign-up bonus was already given (even at under 2k per acre in some areas).

As far as has the price per acre peaked?   I doubt it...just as Ron's post indicates.

One point to consider is that many of the feeder lines to the transport lines have not even been designed...as in pipeline contracts...   so when the main transport line is fully outlined and installed then the production will begin and those feeder lines will get busy.   Like in Pa. in the county of Sullivan the Marc I pipeline is finally determined (at the cost of some having to deal with their property being condemned under eminant domain) ...yet that is the interstate pipeline the actual transport line. 

so prices for leasing may still be on the rise  even though there may be some delay at present.   Are all  the feeder lines yet in place in your area of Pa? and the transport line?  In fact, I would tend to think that some oil companies may start making offers to purchase the land in some areas for transport truck parking, pipeline equipment, land to make more permanent roads...etc.    It may behoove them to purchase the land at a high price rather than negotiate a lease (in some areas).

I think the local governments will be doing like Zanesville, Ohio is doing. In the Zanesville Times Recorder it was announced Halburton did a deal with the Port Authority to build a facility on 100 acres it the Port Authority owns with a tax abatement. They want the estimated 300 jobs it will possibly create.

My sister and I have 72 acres listed with Howard Hanna Realty in Morgantown WV. It is one and one half miles from interstate 79. It is ready to build. Our mineral rights are leased and being held by production. Please call our broker Kay Alexander at 304-282-0077 for more information. The property would be perfect for an energy comapny.  You may contact me on my cell phone 703-244-8681 Stephen Fox.

do you  realize that there are over 3,815 views of this one discussion since December 13th?  (the view amount is in the orig. post of the discussion fyi)..  that should tell us that these discussions are being looked at if the 'title of the discussion' is of interest...as many other discussions only have a few views compared to this one.   just a 'fyi' (for your information).  People don't just look for your state in the title of the discussion...there are several important discussions with very pertinent info at each here at this site....many of the members share some 'key' factors to consider before a lease, about pipelines, about royalties, etc....so pls have a look....such as this one:

http://gomarcellusshale.com/forum/topics/should-we-need-to-purchase...

maybe there is a few more in W. Pa. waiting to lease...

Thanks for stating this VG. People please spend some time on this and other sites about the shales. There is very good information to be had for free. Lifetimes worth of experience can be had with a few hours of your time. Read the associated comments posted in the past, from some of your "Favorites" members found here. The bad lease you sign could affect you and your neighbors for a lifetime. Stay up late a few nights if you have to, to get up to speed, because W***G****  and the like are coming to you town next. Be prepared. Good Luck to all.

"Brother Jim" has spoken , can i get an Amen.

not only an 'amen' (btw...that means 'so be it' so be careful to what you say amen to)

we have a wonderful informative reputable forum here at gomarcellusshale.com ...we have a good admin Keith who originated this forum for such as we do here....discuss all the aspects of marcellus and the leasing and any revelant info that we can to make us better at understanding what we have signed, what we might sign, and what to expect of the contract clauses and procedures of the drilling among other aspects of the process.

Keith has provided rules of conduct to help keep this forum from becoming a novelty of hissing at each other  and wrongful communications, even when some do go off the wall with their replies...someone seems to show up and direct their path back to the original discussion with grace.

It is a good place for land agents to see what really happened after they left the customer (lessor) with the contracts, how they can do better...and they in turn can communicate to the oil companies about such.  Almost every website and store these days has a form or desire for us to fill out a 'feedback questionarre'...and here we such a forum of feedback begging the attention of the group to get informed and share.  This is also helpful if our elected officials get involved and enjoy the forum with us and share what they are doing to help make the Marcellus region in both the leasing and the actual operation of the various drilling projects and transport and storage aspects ....it is more than finding a comment on facebook...it is the people that own the land or the natural resources under the land that are wishing to find others that care about such.

Now some are still new at using the computer (we are thankful that you read the discussions as it does take of our free time to share)...some are too busy and so are we...but pls do try to give some input to help all of this to get in better decency and order.   But some are not wanting it to help the Lessor...howbeit those will eventually have to work that out with the Maker that made mankind if He does care about decency and order.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service