Have you received an offer to buy your minerals? What State/County/Township are you in?

I'm in Ohio/Noble/Marion and continue to receive offers.  14 so far by mail, and another arrived yesterday.  Post your information and I'll draw a map of "mineral interest".    Have your offers increased, remained constant, or stopped coming?  Just curious, and it might be fun.  Thanks.

Views: 45599

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are in Penna/Neshannock Twp. and have not had any offers. Shell had some interest about 18 months ago. Is there any interest in our area for leases?

Thanks for any help.

Tioga County, Penna, they came in 7 years ago at $5. an acre and 12.5% royalties and there were basically no wells here to speak of, within 4 years Leases went up to $2 to $4 k/acre and 20% royalties, after that, they drilled like gang busters for 4-5 years and did a lot of Pilot holes and Unit Maps just to tie up already leased lands.... forever, and now have all but left everything in limbo, and have gone to North Dakota and Ohio,  and as far as I know you can't give gas rights away around here right now. It seems they have all the land they want and aren't developing any more.... right now.... Rumor has it Shell is selling out to Chevron and Chesapeake and Talisman/Fortuna have all but left entirely, I think Chessy even sold a bunch of land leases to a company out of China... so I figure, take all you can, when you can ... You never know when the bottom drops out (like it did here) and they pretty much leave.... They'll probably be back,...  but maybe not in my Lifetime..... or even my children's.... I'm glad with what we have received,  but I'm not looking into the immediate future for any more......

"Rumor has it Shell is selling out to Chevron"....with all due respect, this sounds a bit far fetched, is this rumor coming out of left field or the parking lot?  Is Chevron supposedly buying the whole kit and kaboodle or just particular areas of interest?  Sorry if I seem skeptical, that's my nature and I prefer rumors have just a little merit behind them.

I am also in Tioga Co., Pa  ...i have heard there will be activity here "in the near future" ...there has been a permit issued in my area of Liberty township last Oct. for a well pad but I have seen nothing yet..the ground is staked out tho...got a letter from Buffalo royalties n called to see what they would say...was offered 1500 to 1800 per acre  (I have just under 11 acres)....was also told  if I was "serious about selling", they would do "a more in-depth assessment" which might chage the numbers slightly...think I'll wait a little bit to see what's going on...

Yep, Liberty is the last township in Tioga seeing any action, I have been watching DEP permit activity and pretty much all of it is in Liberty Twp. right now... including pipeline permitting.... Good luck down there, I'm in Richmond/Sullivan and Shippen twps...

It's in Bergholz, OH in Jefferson County, Springfield Township. There is Marshellous Shale, gas & oil on the property. My Step-Mother had around 450 acres there. She's passed but the family of 11 have now inherited it. She hired a lawyer before she died. However, he keeps talking about the Dormant Act. My brother doesn't ever think that we'll get anything from it. I did some research & told him that we needed to hire an attorney who is familiar with the laws of the Mineral Rights. But he doesn't want to do anything because this attorney is already paid for. I don't know much about this lawyer. But the way he talks about the Dormant Act, he just sounds like an average attorney unfamiliar with that area of expertise. Can you help us? My brother & step-sister are in charge of this for the family. I don't want to go above their heads. They would be truly offended but I want to point them in the right direction.

Thank you for your time in this matter,

Michelle

In Mercer County PA we just got a letter from Paragon. they want to give us $5000 an acre for mineral rights on land that is held by production by a shallow well. There is not a chance we would take it!

Michelle Lemal:   I have attached a link to one of the many attorneys familar with the dormant mineral issue who has written a short article on the subject.  More are available.   If handled correctly, you may be able to recover these rights.  BUT, you need a competent oil/gas attorney who has done this before, and not your local divorce/real estate/wills, etc...type attorney.   I have a friend who went through this with one of the latter types who failed after 6 months to recover anything other than a fat fee.  After switching to a real O/G guy, he was able to fully recover all his rights after ~60 days.  There are several procedures to do this, some better than others.  Get an expert because 450 acres may represent a lot of money for the family.

http://w***********/Article.aspx?ID=130

This sounds so Awesome! Thank you so much for your reply. I was trying to tell my brother that we're working with the wrong attorney. So before your response, I e-mail another brother to tell him what I've found out & to be "feedback" in case the older brother needed one. I'm just so happy that there is somewhere I can go & learn more about all of this business. You don't know how grateful that I am for receiving your message!!

Since I can't get through with the older brother handling this situation, then I'll get other siblings involved, it's a big family! Someone has to make a move, it might as well be me first, thanks to you. I've read that it's the only answer to get a more qualified attorney but my brother's not listening to me. However, my other brother seems to have impact with him sometimes so I'll just pass this on. Thank you so very much. Now I know where to start. I'm really hoping to get this things going soon. We've already been told that there is oil & gas on the property, been tested already. I wonder how long these things take?

Once again, I'll be forever thankful,

Michelle Lemal

Hello,

I thank you again for your response. After speaking with my other brother, I found out that everything has been done now and there are no more issues. The Mineral Rights Dormant Act has been addressed and we are free to move ahead. All the paperwork has been completed. The person who wrote the letter about the above said the next time he'll be contacting us is to let us, the heirs of the inheritance, know how much we'll be receiving and what the final costs will be. So all "ducks in a row" and we're "ready to roll."

He mentioned a six month deadline to hear from someone. The letter was written before March, so it's getting very close to completion. It will be good to get past this, as it has been a long time coming!!

Thank you again. I wish everyone lots of good luck and fortune from these benefits and I pray that they get good compensation in the end.

Sincerely,

Michelle Lemal

Michelle:   Glad to hear that things are working out for the family.   After your mineral rights have been secured and the last notice recorded in the courthouse, don't be in a great hurry to take the first lease offer that comes along.   Read this site, get educated as to your rights, remember that everything in a lease is negotiable, and lots of resources are available to help you.  Our local group went to every seminar available, every company presentation, read everything we could find, talked to all our friends, joined several groups, entertained many offers...until we leased with one of the best landowner friendly leases out there for top dollar.  Remember, the lease is everything.  There is no such thing as a "standard" lease, and remember that the landman is not to be trusted 100%.   Again, if you get close to signing a lease, get a competent O/G attorney to help you through it.  A good lease should be approximately 40 pages and cover things you can't begin to guess at or understand, but will affect you deeply in the years to come.  Best of luck.

Hiker, thanks very much for your reply. The problem is that I'm not "in charge" and my brothers act like I know nothing. I don't want to give the impression that I know best and what I say trumps them. They're all guys who think that for certain things, men should be in charge (except for my Step-Sister, the elder of her brothers), & was picked by her Mother before she died. 

I've had little respect from my brothers most of my life and they're not about to listen to me now. I'd like to speak with the other brothers, but they're just going to think that I'm being money hungry. I feel at this point that I have no voice. So I guess I just have to put my faith in these two people & hope that they make the right decisions for the rest of us.

I'm a Christian and God has told me that I'm going to be rich & not want for anything. My Step-son had a dream also that we were rich so I hope that it comes true. Whatever we get will be more than I have right now so anything would be wonderful at this point. I just wished that I had more pull with the rest of my family.

What you have mentioned above, this is what and why I have been trying to gain as much knowledge as possible. I think that I have a good understanding now. But I could always learn more. I pray that they take the best offer and do what's right and the best for the of us. I've been told that there is a significant amount of resources on our property. My brother is not in any way willing to get another attorney. I don't know how to approach this with him or what to say without sounding like I'm taking over or a "gold digger," any suggestions. He also knows that I have more stake in this than the others. This same brother borrowed my inheritance from my Father, in order to pay back bankruptcy (without telling me or asking me if ok). Until he gets the settlement from the o/g, he won't be paying back my Dad's inheritance completely. He does give me $500 monthly towards it but it all goes toward rent.

How do I not sound like a "gold digger?"  He just dismisses me like I'm some kind of dumb blond so really my hands are tied. I guess all that's left now is to study up on the subject, just in case, and pray for the right amount to come our way. It's a "sticky situation" that I'm in and my two inheritances!!

I didn't really want my full name to put on these discussions just in case family was reading these responses. Just in case, can I change it to Micbrad instead of my full name?

Thanks again Hiker,

Michelle Lemal

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service