Hi folks just hoping to hear what some of you're thoughts are on this

Views: 3875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Shale Players are really stinking up the business world.

Last quarter Rex sold NGL's for $10.17 bbl; Ethane for $7.22 bbl:  http://ir.rexenergycorp.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=939866

If you look at CHK's Income Statement for the last quarter, CHK made  much more money from mid-stream activities, See "Marketing, gathering and compression" than from producing:

http://seekingalpha.com/pr/15229186-chesapeake-energy-corporation-r...

Why are related companies able to disguise Sweetheart Deals as arms length transactions?  It's full blown fraud/theft by deception.

It's the oil & gas equivalent of three card Monte.

If people were actually held accountable for white collar crimes, the Executive Suites of the shale players would be emptied and the prisons filled with their worthless carcasses.

The Rape of Appalachia continues!

Reads a lot like racketeering to me.

Seems all the government folks look the other way!

What exists is a problem with the product. The glut of ethane and "liquids" is that there is no where to go with it. Propane is 6¢ a gallon but cannot be flared due to state laws now limiting that. This over drilling is the result of bad FED policy which is paying no interest on money. Desperate money managers flung wheelbarrels full of cash and we have badly over-drilled. 

Yeah, there are bad actors, but most people signed bad leases as well and a contract is a contract. If you don't read it and don't understand it, then you are a fool.  Get help when offered a lease. Minimum royalty payments, mandatory shut in below certain prices, etc.  These are negotiable and by collectively bargaining in larger ownership groups you get a much better deal. 

Yes untill one does all those things and the company says we simply aren't going to follow that contract
Banks are lending for sub-Prime car & truck loans again. They have another cash cow. As the economy picks up and oil field workers migrate back to construction trades it will probably be much harder to borrow to drill and the banks will have more consumers to lend to. The low price of energy is fueling a big chunk of the economy. It's hard to blame over drilling on wheel barrels of cash. There is probably many opportunities for the energy industry to mingle over a few cocktails and maybe someone have a discussion about not supplying an over abundance of energy. They can afford a few analysts and bean counters to plan a bit.

If I may ask who is your lease with? I have a well in Springhill township Greene county.Pa. with Rice, formerly owned by CHK who first drilled my well. Mine has been curtailed ( so I am told by Rice till prices rebound. My checks went down about 99% after the first 2 years and ownership of lease. Hope yours does a lot better.

Hi Donna my lease is with Chevron but my operator is Noble Energy.
So not real sure how the process is going to work out.
I figured my checks would come from all three companies involved but from what I have been told seems like maybe Chevron just took a override and my checks will come from Noble.
One thing for sure they sure are tight with any info.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service