3. Company Offerring Lease:

4. Lease Offer (Price/Acre):

5. Lease Term (years):

6. Royalty:

Real Example:

1. PA

2. Clarion

3. Stone Energy

4. $200.00 to $1,500.00 (personally know of leases signed within this range).

5. 5-10 years

6. State Minimum to 17%

Views: 1927

Replies to This Discussion

Honest? Maybe some peoples land is worth more than others... Just a thought...
You are right, but the more information landowners share the better off we will be... So far my experiences have not been very positive and I think a lot of uninformed people are being taken advantage of when working up a lease.
Sorry to hear that, information is key... BTW a new radio show on natural gas is starting soon that people can call in and ask questions etc.. I forgot the information but hopefully that will help as well for the people that aren't web savvy..
I have listened to it a few times so far and it is actually pretty educational. It is on Sunday mornings on 104.7 FM I believe.
1. pa
2. venango, pinegrove township
3. senaca rescources
4. 500.00a / 12.5a
5. 5 years
6. 12.5%
MDS Energy has an ad in the Oil City "The Derrick" newspaper today about an open meeting in Shippenville on July29th. The 1/6th page advertisement says to "Ask us how we can get you $8,000 per acre paid for Marcellus Gas Leases"

Does this seem high compared to the $5,750 per acre signings in the thicker formation in the NE part of PA? Maybe only applies to prime properties? Long wait for bonus payment?
I've been wondering about that, Even though the NE part of PA has a thicker vein of shale, perhaps ours in the local area is more compressed, and easier to extract. That's my hope anyway. There is also the possibility that this area is the only one left with available land that has not yet been leased.

Keep in mind peak oil is on the horizon, we will need to get energy from some where, and gas is one of the few options potent enough to fulfill demand. It will take years to build up the infrastructure to produce enough gas, so companies that start now will be at a great advantage.
$8000.00 + per acre seems high,however a lot of offers i hear of in this area seem to be very low. the gas in our area is high btu, and produces a large amount of hydrocarbons. this fluid is marketable, this adds to what the production company is paid per mcf.
$8000?

I'm from Tioga county Pa.

What outfit is paying this amount and what is the production rate and royalty from these wells?

In my area the top is about $2000. But many landowners have been snookered to accept much less.

Bill L.
aka Bummy
the company is mds drilling a local outfit from kittining pa, i hear their our acting as a land agent. what few wells have been drilled local avg. production is 2mcf to 5mcf+hydrocarbon fluid. find it hard to belive 8000 per acre.
Do you have more details on this meeting?
Open Meeting in Shippenville PA from 6-8pm at Traditions near the Clarion County Airport on Thur July 29th.

http://www.traditionsbanquet.com/directions.html

I heard that MDS Energy is pooling land to broker to the big companies for 15% of the bonus-- meaning 85% to landowner and 15% to MDS. No idea if they will allow reserves, individual addendums, how long until the money appears, term, royalty, etc.

Heard a rumor that Stone Energy may have leased the large acre Fryburg Landowners pool somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,500 per acre bonus, unsure of royalty %. Can anyone confirm or deny? Also heard that more landowners are trying to sign on (round 2).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service