Here is the area for questions about leases. Mind you the information you hear should not be considered as legal advise but it will possibly shape a better session with an attorney if you have some basic knowledge about a lease. By all means, in the amount of money one may make in this shale play legal advice is worth its weight providing that attorney is working for you.

Views: 9413

Replies to This Discussion

What is the royalty percentage? 

Better yet Ron what is the whole deal? Length of lease, royalty, pooling limitations, shut in fees, gross or net, depth restrictions, right of ways upon pipe lines ect? Remember in one year Nobel County saw a lease offer of like $50/acre at 12.5% and now it is $5,900 at 20%

Calling and getting copy of lease today! Royalties is the 10% gross. I am in the middle of all that signed so far and that is about 400 acres. Hoping that since mine is in the middle it gives me some bargaining chips. Havent heard of royalties being that low with as big as things are right now. Do u know who patriot is aligned with? Bill I appriciate your help! Love it when us little guys get paid but sites like this keep us from getting screwed like normal

10% gross?  using the GOMS calculator  using 400 acres at 10% on oil alone on your 26 acres with say 800bbl/day at $102 =$193,596 for a year. Now at current offers at 20% royalty it would be $387,192 for the year! 

I hear of landowners saying they sure as H will not pay a attorney landowners group any of their royalty, why would you let a flipper take 10%?

My opinion is BAD BAD DEAL! 

Lets run the figures like I just did but use a average of what the production releases indicate which will be posted today and see what we might be looking at. 

Another way to look at it Ron if they gave you say $5000 per acre x your 26 acres it would cost them $130,000 to get you lease. If they  flip the lease even at the same cost to a driller they will still make out like a bandit!

Do u think i have a hand up being n the middle or can they pass up on my land and me be ass out? Dont want left with nothing! Should i feel good about where i am at or should i be worried? Thinking that if i wait for them to flip it and go directly to drilling company i could be in great spot! Advice???

Ron most landsmen tote a lease to a recorders office to record quicker than a fedx driver on a hot run! I do not know what county you are in but I would verify through that country recorders office who had the leases on adjoining property. In Muskingum County in the Engineers Mapping Office they have a plat map that shows pretty accurately who has what parcel leased by the lessees name. I would not sign a lease without verifying all of what I hear. 

Same Company? http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot...

Looking at the Muskingum County Recorders Off ice I see no activity to indicate they are kicking butt. Using Patriot as a search name.

Is Muskingum in the "OIL" area on the new Utica Map?  Is that better or

worse than the "Wet-Gas" areas?  The author of the map seems to feel

the "Wet-Gas" areas are most important.  I thought the Utica frenzy was

about oil?  Does anyone know?

Called patriot today to get them to send me a lease to review and found out that gulfport just bought the leases from them. Gulfport is going to give me a call tomorrow with amounts. Thinking in the ballpark of $4800/14-18% gross royalties. Has anyone had any dealings with gulfport lease contracts????

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service