I'm new to "gomarcellusshale", as well as new to this business.  We have a 152 acre farm with "Clinton" gas wells which supply our needs.

We've been approached by Fossil Creek Energy Corp (FCEC) for $50/acre, 12.5% Royalty, and $10,000 if a well is drilled.  We are sitting on the Utica Strata.  I've carefully read the lease and am very suspicious of the terms.  We are consulting attorneys.  I don't see any members from Noble County..and some interesting notes from Guernsey which lead me to suspect the FCEC lease.  Can they broker a lease after signing "cheap"?

We have news of ARTEX Oil offering leases in our County, they're out of Marietta.  Any comment on FCEC, ARTEX, and my suspicions would be welcomed!

Views: 52124

Replies to This Discussion

Can you tell me about KWGD and Virtual Energy?
KWGD is a law firm with a gas/oil division out of N. Canton that represent landowners with oil/gas issues. They have successfully negotiated lease deals for landowner groups in Ohio and are putting together new groups now. I was able to check a reference in Carrol County whos groups leases were bought & paid by Chesapeake 9/10 & drilling has begun recently. Very informative & professional. Check the website. Click oil & gas tab on top right. Virtual people are not atty's but have oil/gas industry experience & geology experience and represent individual landowners and groups of landowners that are already formed. Appears that they are not putting together groups on their own but will represent one that comes to them or individual landowner that wants them to negotiate on their behalf with oil/gas drilling co's.
Have you found out anything about Eclipse?
From what Eclipse is saying they apparently are the ones drilling the wells.  I think one is going to be drilled around sept-oct of this year.  The landman said they will not be selling any leases and they will pay them in about 60 days.  However, the contract doesn't seem to offer as much as others and the addemdums are few.  They also want to pay royalties on the net vs gross.
I have e-mailed KWGD To get more information. Unfortunately I can't get to these meetings because of work constraints so I want to thank you all for the info you post. I would be completely in the dark.....
You can e mail the atty that is handling the group directly.   nvaughn@kwgd.com  (Nathan Vaughn)

Thanks for the info Scott. nvaughan@kwgd.com

Hi Robert,

That should actually be nvaughan@kwgd.com  there is also a paralegal that is assisting them who may be quicker to respond.  Her name is Machelle McBurney & her email is mmcburney@kwgd.com

Thanks  Nelson will forward her.
WOW Nelson. Bt the time I got back to the yahoo mail page He already responded. Very professional and courteous. A good sign!
I was able to speak with Nathan when he took a break from speaking at one of the meetings.  He was very professional & courteous in person as well.  You always hear of people not wanting to trust an attorney, but after speaking to him face to face & being able to read his facial expressions, he seems like a pretty genuine type of person.  I have not got the chance to speak with Mr. Williams (the other attorney from KWGD that is involved in forming the groups) but he has been dealing with Oil & Gas law for 25 years or so I believe they said, so he should have a wealth of knowledge in the area.  & I guess if he responded that quickly, my statement about the parallegal possibly responding quicker was a bit off base.  I just figure that Mr. Vaughan & Mr. Williams were probably overwhelmed with calls & emails, that is why I through her name out there.
I was given a reference from KWGd that had a successfully negotiated lease with Chesapeake 9/10 thru a landowner group in Carrol County. The guy had nothing but great things to say about Nathan & KWGD, This lease offer was accepted, paid up and Chspk started drilling just the other day.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service