BP has announced two massive oil discoveries 36,000' below the sea floor.  Its so deep that they must develop new materials and methods to extract it.  The pressures are at 20,000lbs/sq inch and the temps at 350 degrees. But they say it may be $2 trillion dollars of oil.

http://www.ctpost.com/business/energy/article/BP-pushes-technical-l...

Views: 2295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More proof that the natural resources within this planet are, for all intents and purposes, limitless. We simply need to further develop our technology to be able to extract and use them. Life on the big blue marble is good!

36,000 feet down ?  There was a JUNGLE ? and all of the Vegetation and or SEA LIFE ?

was COVERED with dirt ?  and then COMPRESSED ?  I don't believe it....

OIL.. is produced from within.. the Bowels of the earth....

SOME... is from amoeba's and plant life.....

Most is continuously produced from with in....

36,000 feet.....Weird planet for sure...

On the other hand...

It looks like it was "created"   :)

Wind, waves and solar radiation must have been "created" too?  I'm sure the Almighty had thoroughly considered royalties and speculative pricing as well when depositing the hydrocarbons down there because you know...he wanted to make sure that we'd have gas for our cars and stuff, and yet another reason wage wars amongst ourselves as brothers and sisters all being his "children" fighting over this wonderous gift bestowed upon us.  Thank goodness he created us some lead too so we could make bullets and fight over the hydrocarbons he created for us.

I think the lead was for over reaching corrupt Govts ??

AMEN to that Mike!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service