Information about drilling activity, pipelines, etc. in Millwood Township.

Views: 122377

Replies to This Discussion

If the rumors concerning Eclipse are true it would seem to me that they a scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to stay afloat.

Just another reason why I am in no hurry to start receiving royalties.

Better to wait until the courts decide some of these issues, and for a price rebound.

Even if it takes 10 years.

NOT rumors. Frank Walker unit.You know anyone in that unit,?Ask em.

When you start a comment with "I heard that Eclipse" and then follow it up with "Don't know for sure, but I bet", it sounds like rumor to me.

Where is the Frank Walker unit and what

type of leases are they ?

Where is the Frank Walker unit ?

I will look at the royalty owner list and see if I can verify these rumors and try to be a little more specific about things.

Just n.w. of Salesville, I'm sure those people are just fuming. The ones I know have a 20% gross lease.And they were getting the 20% for a while.Now nothing!

He means frank miller. Beside of Hayes
I know people in that unit still getting royalties , nothing has changed. Depends on there lease also. Some leases say that if landowners overpaid for any reason gas company cannot ask for it back or withhold till its caught up. Now that's part of a good lease

my bad, Frank MILLER, not Walker. I should have looked at the ODNR site for that well.

I use my real name here for a reason, credibility.

Some come here to play games, one is here that does and who told me to my face that he does.

Some are mineral buyers who create accounts and use comments to either scare folks into selling their royalties or to refer potential clients to a mineral buyer.

And some are just, well, it's the internet.

I want to educate myself and to educate others, I like factual information, not rumors painted with strokes broad enough to cover everyone.

The situation with Eclipse as it pertains to withholding royalties is bothersome, but none of us know or at least have shared much information with much specificity about it. The folks in the unit in question should group up and fight it if their is something outside of their lease being done to them.

Just be more careful in what you say and how you say it. I have a very strong lease, one of the best that was available, maybe the best. I don't like it when someone tells me unequivocally that something negative will happen to me without having much if any information necessary to be so stout in their predictions.

I know that this is a dirty business, full of cheats. But so far this thread has provided no documentation as to the situation we are now discussing, if what is being done is legal, either on the front end or the back end.

Anne Cooper does have it right in one regard among others, put the money in an account of some sort and don't go crazy borrowing against future royalties that may not be realized.

I hope Mr. Stoll comes back after a cooling down.

We are in 3 units - Hayes, Frank Miller and Pora....11 wells altogether.  Leased with Eclipse.  Gross, no deductions.  We have no problems.  We have found Eclipse to be very straightforward and helpful when we have questions about anything, including future projects.

You say you have one of the best leases for Landowners,maybe the best available,well, that's what some of the folks in the Frank Miller unit said, who are now being shut off from Royalties from Eclispe. How can anyone believe you have the best available lease without you being "more specific"? Where is the documentation? Without seeing the leases in question from the Frank Miller people,or yours,for that matter, it would be hard to say who's got what,or who is cheating whom,or what is legal or not.  All "hearsay". I know you are in the Mclain wells unit, drilled be Cheasacheat,but your lease is either with Eclispe,or Antero. I hope yours is Antero. They have been the most honest,landowner friendly gasco so far in this area, Have'nt heard any complaints from people who have leases or have royalties coming from them. You should have been a court judge of some kind, they always throw stuff out of court if there is no "documentation " to verify it! Somebody says this, or somebody says that, is what keeps this site going. You just have to take it all in with a grain of salt, because people don't want to supply proof for various reasons. I,for one like hearing from folks about their experiences with these oil&gas co.s good or bad, bitter or happy, documented or not.

I have an Antero lease.

You take this stuff too personal, I believe it was also you who chided some of us for talking deer hunting on a different thread.

What I want is to learn and pass on good information so people can make astute decisions on how to proceed with their particular situation.

I have spoken with Mr. Miller, although not recently, and I am relatively sure he had an Oxford Oil lease which would have been amended to allow for drilling Utica sized units. I fear that these leases were amended in a way that gave landowners something upfront in return for devious returns for the producers on the back end.

The Oxford Oil leases, and some in the McClain unit(s) were for $10 an acre and a royalty interest of 12.5% NET.

We all know that the leases needed re-worked because the originals lacked in some areas relevant to drilling the Utica shale in much larger units than the 40 acre units Oxford utilized.

I fear that landowners were baited with up front money close to what some of the better leases paid and a flip to what they were told was a "gross" lease at 12.5%, even though they really are not gross, they allow for deductions that are gouging at best.

We all know of the horrendous reputations of the oil and gas companies, but it could well be that the error they are rectifying is either legitimate or allowed by the lease terms.

I believe my lease does not allow the companies this right.

Anyhow, when you first brought the matter to light you absolutely put it in front of us using language that was clearly indicative of rumor and then added your own rumor to the rumor you were relaying.

And we still don't know the whole truth, I only desire a little more caution in how we present things.

Perhaps we started off on the wrong foot as we discussed the realities of selling ones royalties.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service