An account from someone on the ground.

The protest site was up off 287 & north of 220.  Make a left on Dam Run road.  It is a very heavily drilled area.  Road was an old forest service road not too many years ago but you can see now, industry has spent millions to make a very good paved roadway into the area for their own operations.  The funny thing is, most of the area is already drilled and fractured.  There isn’t even a drill within miles of the area, nor is there a pressure pumping crew anywhere around.  Best I can tell, the only thing going on up there beside wells under production is a new compressor station. 

I guess between the uptick in traffic to the area and it being the first day of spring, these hippies decided it would be a good day to cost the industry many thousands by holding nearly 100 workers from accessing the many sites up there.  I have reports from my crew that they were chained together at the road blockages with sticks, rocks, logs, pipe (likely stolen from area contractors), and other debris barricading themselves on the roadway.  

It was interesting to sit there looking at the pictures and count the things they were using, driving and wearing that came from responsible oil and gas development.  Plastic water bottles, nylon parkas, rubber shoes etc.  Such hypocrites.

Views: 3438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go and fight for our rights! This is what we need!

It would be interesting to see a picture of what the area looked like after they left.  Did they clean up their trash?  Leave any of the plastic water bottles laying on the side of the road.  Just wondering that's all. 

No offense but I think the pollution to our water and our wells is a little more concerning then a few bottles or peiecs of gum that need to be picked up!  I am against littering no doubt there!

No. I disagree.

Something I've always noticed after groups leave is what is left behind.

There are distinct differences on how they leave the area with regards to trash, cigarette butts, signs, general appearance.

In particular, I also see the differences after political rallys.

To this Independent, It makes an impact on who I want to represent me and their character. No one ever confesses this out in the open, but it does have an impact when that ballot is cast, particularly among independents.

Civility, language used, profanity used, appearance of the individuals, etc MATTER.

Most people, whether they admit it or not, judge someone in the first 30 seconds, nearly entirely by their manner and their language.

What is the majority party today?

It is the independent.

Don't make the independent your enemy. They swing votes.

To the previous post. I  don't like pollution either. I also don't like slobs who cannot clean up an area they have just used. It shows selfishness on their part- the attitude that their existence is somehow exempt from cleaning up after themselves.

Nobody like slobs.

Bottle and pieces of gum are evidence of the slob's "Footprint".

"Tread lightly": isn't that supposed to be the mantra, particularly in the FOREST??

AMEN! PREACH IT! thank you!

No offense but what is a few?  100?  1000? or 1,000,000?  Plastic bottles (which are made from natural gas product) last a VERY long time in our environment.   To me, anyone who is concerned about he environment should be concerned about the entire environment not just a piece of it.  I was always taught that if I went camping or picnicking you ALWAYS left the site looking better than when you arrived there.   If your going to hug a tree, don't be a hypocrite and leave your trash there.  I am also not saying they did.  Maybe they did clean it up and made it look better that when they arrived.  I am just saying so many times you do find cigarette butts, bottles, cans gum wrappers etc laying around afterwards.  

I believe they would pick things up , I have faith in the people in Bradford County!  I totally agree about Bottles ,you said are made by natural gas!  There Ya go get rid of Chesapeake , Anadarko , and all their affililite companies and I believe that would be a big help with getting rid of it:)

The enviroment? I most  most definitely am concerned about pollution !

Do you know the chemicals they are putting in our ground?  When the Wells are not cased properly methane mirgration is found!   Many wells in Pennsylvania and in our area do have methane !  Not the kind of Methane this Lake is experiencing now! Yes we had one spot where naturally the gas passed but now there are boiling bubbles in many many many places!  THAT is NOT GOOD!  It will eventually harm every living fish in that Lake! Pollution ?   You also have to realize the levels are different by how much they suck under the ground!  My fear is when the stop that Well  the Lake will sink!  OH Well!

Oh and yes I have complained , the neighbors do yes I am totally worried about my water !  It sickens me they cannot fix this issueI

The Lake I lived on is fed by springs , they fracked and went under my well the neighbors well and they still deny; my neighbor won in a Court of Law they ruined her well!  Her Well is fed from the same springs that mine comes from and  and the Lakes!

So Yes I am concerned!  Yes I run my mouth , I am pissed !  Like I said they know they have satellite images!   Take a look at our water souces there are some really good images and you can see everything!!  Personally I want the push for a Drone so the Citizens of Bradford and Sullivan Counties can WATCH 24-7 for changes in our water sources!

D

GO BRADFORD COUNTY GO SULLIVAN CIUNTY I GOT YOUR BACKS

In PA your neighbor drinking 4 cases of beer in a weekend can drill a water well for themselves straight through a septic tank (if they have one) or locate it below a liquid manure pit and you wonder why some people in PA have water well problems?

Billy YOU are a complete and Tolal Gas Company lover!  Let me see Oh you work for one, oh no yo must be  Politician !  HOW DARE YOU SAY That about the people of Bradford County!  You better go put a bag over your head mister because I do not think they will think kindly of your comment!  You are a completely ignorant !  If you do NOT like the people of Bradford County Stay out!

Darlene then perhaps they should change the law regarding water wells. 

See  where private land owners require no license  http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/to... In part:
(b) The provisions of this section shall not be applicable to-(1) Any farmer performing any function on any land owned or leased by him for farming purposes.(2) Any natural person drilling a well on land owned by him or of which he is a lessee and used by him as his residence.http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/topogeo/g... Who must be licensed to drill a water well in Pennsylvania? 
Any person who intends to construct a water well in the Commonwealth must first secure a Water-Well Driller's License and a Drilling Rig Permit, unless it is on land owned or leased by the person drilling the well for farming or is his/her residence. Does using a licensed driller insure my well will be properly constructed? 
Unfortunately it does not. Drillers are NOT required to demonstrate knowledge of proper drilling or well construction practices in order to become licensed. Pennsylvania has developed construction standards only for public water-supply wells. There are no statewide construction standards for domestic supply wells. Visit the DEP web page on private wells for more information. Also, check with your township or county government for applicable local ordinances.   With that being said how in the H can anyone be pointing a finger? 

Your rant I believe was uncalled for.

Well Billy I would if I could!  I am not sure what you are saying?  The law is that way YOU are saying it is COMPLETELY OK to pollute the Wells and Water of Pennsylvania?  Chesapeake has every right to do this? Is that what you are saying?

My RANTING is most certainly called for , to get the law changed the people need to voice their concerns NOT INSULT the people of Bradford County!

Why don't YOU stop insulting the Intelligent people in Bradford County and help to change it?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service