I see what people are complaining about. If you live in a hot area everything has changed except. If you do not own minerals then the only thing that hasn't changed is your pocketbook. It is dangerous to drive. The landscape traffic housing prices......everything.

I am getting compensated for our minerals but it would be tough to deal with all of this and get nothing. These people need a voice and should get something for their troubles. Alaskans get a check every year for their energy as long as you lived there for awhile. I'm not saying this is the answer but something needs to be corrected. What's even worse is there value of there house and land will fall apart. Would you buy a house land without minerals in the middle of this.....NO WAY. They loss everything and get nothing in return. That needs to be fixed. I want to make a lot of money butnot at the expense of my neighbors.

Views: 6492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As opposed to voting for a Republican and getting a much larger corporate handout you mean?

Bungalo. I would say it is 70 30. But that is a complete guess. I am curious now. Does anyone have any input on that percentage.

How much more would they have had to pay for their property with the mineral rights included (if they could even buy them?)

It's a choice we all make when buying a home . Some want a big fancy home on 1/4acre some want a modest home on many acres. Seems like the ones complaining are those who chose wrong.

One friend of mine was struggling to find work, now is doing incredibly well working for a local O&G company. Its a REALLY good job. I am in the camp that the opportunities that are presented with a true boom cover most (but of course not all) of the inconveniences for most people-like the example with the couple that purchased the home in the country to retire and are on the fixed income-they could sell it at a profit and move to another part of the country that is quieter and more laid back.

But what I am seeing so far around here is not much of a huge boom for the fact of the decline of the area from years past, and the existing infrastructure, its going to take ALOT of growth to start affecting things...we're far from a Williston, ND...rent does seem high in certain areas around here, and only certain real estate seems to be more in demand, again only in certain areas.

There has and will be a lot of good that comes out of this. I just would like to minimize the bad. If that is possible. Great response.

Many replies are so typical.  Jason is talking about landowners who most likely have a job & just don't own mineral rights.  Nobody in the last 40 years thought of mineral rights except to lease for a few dollars & see nothing ever happen. I know NC PA has changed & not for the better.  Land is not selling there either, mineral rights or not.  The truck traffic sucks & the roads & tree loss is terrible & it's only the beginning.  When things slowed, rents  and other prices didn't decrease.  The real joke is the "lower energy prices" crap.  When is that happening?  They will export most of the gas & no prices will decrease.  What are you paying at the pump??  A few will get rich, the government will get money & most of us will just live with a little & a lot of damage to the environment and our way of life.  Look at NW PA with public land littered with pipelines.  Look at the old coal regions.  This is the way it is & will be.  There really isn't an answer, but "drill baby drill" isn't as pretty as you all make it out to be.

You go girl

Great point. This is so tough of a subject. My family is benefiting from this and it is great. But I still have a heart and feel bad for people who do not. And for someone to say they didn't see any chamges....they must have been asleep when they drove thru the areas.

Smack down, Cindy, your claims don't add up, the facts don't lie. This is a 20 year chart of nat gas prices with MASSIVE declines in price for the last 8 years. If you live in a heated home then chance are you are a benefactor. I went all in as a young man in 1992, 1995, 1998 on my land and O/G rights were a big part of the negotiations. No one was standing in my way, the locals were not in line, I did not have to shoulder my way into these deals.

I suspect you rent or do not own any land with oil/gas rights. Geez, take it easy and stop pointing fingers at those who made good business decisions, no one ever got a job from a poor person.

You suspect wrong of course.  Nat Gas is down.  Energy prices are what we were discussing.  How is your gasoline in LALA land?  How about heating oil...electricity?? If you think Nat gas will stay down when they start exporting, you are delusional.  This is not about energy independence.  I happen to support gas drilling, but the changes I have seen are not pretty.  I hope to get royalties in the future, but do not have stars in my eyes.  I am convinced the end will not justify the means, but only time will tell.  It's just not all as great a many say & as usual anyone with concern is either an anti or a renter as you claim.  Have a real discussion for once.

Tree farmer. She has a point. I own land in wv. I leased but no drilling yet. My property was purchased by my grandfather for hunting in 82. I'm not sure if the min rights just came with it or there was discussion. The fact is I do not want the property damaged. I hope that one of the deadly sins did not affect my judgement. I hope that one day I do not have to explain to him why I allowed someone to hurt something that was so important to us.

The point is that a lot of people on here bash anyone who has a different opinion or appears to be different. Thisis a vvery volatile topic.

Also. Just because you made a good business decision what give you the right to damage or devalue your neighbors property in your quest for wealth. We should all be in this together. My neighbors were there for me before this and I want them there after.

I don't agree with Cindy on all points but I value her opinion as much as I value anyone else's who's has worth.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service