I see what people are complaining about. If you live in a hot area everything has changed except. If you do not own minerals then the only thing that hasn't changed is your pocketbook. It is dangerous to drive. The landscape traffic housing prices......everything.

I am getting compensated for our minerals but it would be tough to deal with all of this and get nothing. These people need a voice and should get something for their troubles. Alaskans get a check every year for their energy as long as you lived there for awhile. I'm not saying this is the answer but something needs to be corrected. What's even worse is there value of there house and land will fall apart. Would you buy a house land without minerals in the middle of this.....NO WAY. They loss everything and get nothing in return. That needs to be fixed. I want to make a lot of money butnot at the expense of my neighbors.

Views: 6492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said.

agree with the others, well said.   I don't feel bad for the people that pay for a chevy and didn't receive a cadillac.

The have nots will have to pry the money from my cold dead hands before I share the wealth. They were not there when I bought the land and help me pay for it. Screw sharing the wealth.  Get off there ass and find a way to make money from all the gas drilling going on. Maybe A Job??? Start a Business?? Or some sweet honey come pour my tea??

There is a difference between downtrodden and annoyed If as many in this area you own your land outright then if nobody offers you a lease your life does not change money wise yet haing to put up with all of the downside effects of oil and gas.I don't think that wealth distribution is necessarily the answer but the Alaska model is a start.Also Ohio is a Gerrymandered state that is controlled by Republicans in Southwest Ohio whose severance tax plan was to steal money from this part of the state for their constituiants rather than fix the roads here.

Very well said

I can appreciate Jason's concern for those landowners who waived off on mineral rights. 

But, that's kind of the luck of the draw. No one forced current owners to accept leaving those rights on the table. They could have refused to purchase a property that came without mineral rights.

I didn't see the East Coast or the West Coast offering the Heartland $$$ when this area turned into the Rust Belt. Didn't see them sending money to help out those farmers either on the verge of or in bankruptcy. Another poster was right; not everything can be fair or equitable.

But if you really want what's not fair, consider that some of these big home developers are retaining water rights. Now THAT'S scary.

Water rights. That is scary. But. I the future water will be a commodity. I agree with everyone. There isn't bad without good and good without bad. And they took a chance. And I understand that they have no right to the minerals but I don't think we have the right to damage the surface owner in our removal of the energy. I would hope there is a way for all to profit and hurt as little as possible preferably none.

"It would be tough to deal with all of this and not be compensated."    So how about using the opportunity and start a business that supports the industry?   Oh, that's right - that takes effort and getting off your ass to DO SOMETHING.     

I'm a landowner and ya being lazy is the biggest hurdle starting a business....money helps to. My post was in response to me going to northwestern Monroe and seeing so much change. I ran into a sweet old couple on a fixed income from being retired. The purchased there home to live out there retirment in the country. They did this before the changes. They do not own the minerals under their property. The traffic has increased ten times normal. Dust was terrible they are scared to drive in to town. Pipes being dug in every direction. They said the value of there home is hurt bad. I wouldn't want to live there. I just thought as a landowner I don't like the idea that they should lose in this process. I know this is one old couple. But it did bother me. I will let that 86 year old lazy lady to get off her ass and start a business. Jeez she did that 60 years ago and were destroying what she worked so hard for. I'm all for drilling but not at their expense.

Jason, that previous comment didn't merit a response. Even folks who aren't older and who might benefit from the drilling might not want bumper to bumper traffic and all that which comes with drilling. 

Just ignore the noise.

Thank you summer. She made a proper educated response after. Thanks
Correction. I will tell the 86 year old lady

I also own my minerals and are leasing

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service