Hello,

Last night a guy from Oxford Oil came to my house and handed me a contract to put a pipeline through my place in Guernsey County.  He acted like I should just sign it because "it would get me Christmas money." They are paying $10 a foot.  I don't know anything about piplelines....

What I want to know is, can they force me to do this?  I asked him what would happen if I said no.  He hemmed and hawed and said that they would have to go around and it would be a long way. He stated that I am the "last piece in the puzzle."

$10 a foot does not sound like it is a very good deal either.

Also, I skimmed the contract and basically it gives Oxford (or whoever) the right to have regulators, compressors, etc. on my land.

Before I go to an attorney, does anyone have anything to say about this?

Sue

Views: 8096

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, it's your land and future for your family so if you don't have peace about it don't do it. For me, I see this pipe line getting me into a drilling unit faster and monthly royalties coming in will pay for all my grand kids college and financial freedom like I've never known. If the ROW on your land will take away your lively hood as a farmer I can see your point. I love my land too, I've been here over 20 years and its been a great blessing to me and this is just another blessing. Plus I am helping lessen our dependence on Arab oil... Why make people rich who hate us and our country..... 

Lance, deutchen-  PM me and I will be glad to give some insight on MW pipelines. They are installing second pipe in ROW on our farm now. We did better than both of your offers but there are still a few things I wish I would have got in writing.

Josh, I'd be interested in knowing anything you could tell me about your experiences with this. Stupid question though, whats "PM me" stand for?

PM=Private Message by friending Josh than sending a message.  

mornin josh  talking with mark west myself can't seem to send you a PM can you contact interested in talking to you via email pick your brain if you will thankx  mark

deutchen the only thing you can't do on a pipeline row is build or plant trees. You can plow it & plant with crops or pasture it. You just can't build on it! Lots of farmers around the country have pipelines crisscrossing their land with no problems whatsoever regarding negative impact to their livelihood. And if they have to dig or add or replace in the future , they will compensate you for crop losses. That is standard nowadays. Of course , the ultimate decision is yours to make.

I just drove by a seeded pipeline today with cattle on it.  They will fence the pipeline if you have cattle

I've seen the reclaiming job they do after the pipeline is put in & it appears to be excellent .The scenario I see is though is one where they are working & there's 100 ft. gaping hole on both ends of the pasture where cattle can just walk through. The only solution I see is to sell all the cattle, then buy more after they are done. I guess once wouldn't be bad but up to 5 times over the years would be a bit much.

I found out last night that you can give them a time limit as to how long they have to lay the pipe... 3 or 5 years... If they don't get it done then you can renegotiate for more money and options....My lawyer knows all the ins and outs if you want I can give you her contact info

Ed Bilick has been negotiating a lot of pipeline rights of way. 

You want Wheelage no matter what once they put lines through your property where lines are is dead you can only plant on it wheelage wheelage wheelage is what you want your fsmilywill get paid when you are dead gone wheelage wheelage an 12% gross  what gos through them lines  dont sell your self short they will fight you on the wheelage but stand your ground they might tell you they will Claim emnemit domain but dont let that scare you they still have to pay you i can not express enough WHEELAGE

in pa if your clean an green you lose that status is what i am told you would have to check into it

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service