I live in Berlin Township, There is a new Utica well going up in Goshen township on Calla Road just off Route 534 and another in Butler Township near North Georgetown. They are getting very close. Does anyone know of others?

Views: 18531

Replies to This Discussion

Assignment of overriding royalty interest.

Thank you, Marcus.

What does that mean?

Jack, I believe ORI is the landman's cut of the royalties.  I assume this has something to do with whatever NCL is doing with the deep rights.

Leasing in Mahoning has slowed for the reasons that Elwood--great name--states below.  The other thing that people need to understand is that there is no take away point for oil or liquids in Mahoning county.  There is no infrastructure in place to move this many bbls of liquids and trucking it out is prohibitively expensive.  Once the pipeline(s) are in place look for drilling to really pick up.

chpk land men are putting together 32 units in mah co to be ready by october. that is there current priority.if your land is needed for a unit, you are being leased. if your land is not in a projected unit,they will get to you in the future. it is time to prove up there currently leased acreage with the drill bit

Ron,

Just out of curiosity, how do you know they are putting 32 units together in mahoning county and how confident are you in the source?

i could say i know because i know, but i hate it when people state speculation as if they sit on the board of directors. i own land in 3 townships in mahoning and talk with people in the know,  can i say with 100 percent certainty, no ,but it makes sense coming from the people that are in charge of the unit project and the current leasing or lack thereof. this is a lull before the storm.

Ron,

What size will these units be?

NEW ACCESS ROAD BEING INSTALLED ON WESTERN RESERVE ROAD BETWEEN 45 AND 62.TILE IN DITCH AND SOME SLAG IN. SIGNS UP SAYING CNX WORK AREA.

Larry, that's the Hendricks well. We have been waiting a long time for that one.  They are going to pave Knauf Rd. from Western Reserve to 62, and Western Reserve down to the well drive. That will be their access route for all trucks.

Did you happen to notice the white X's painted on 45? One is in front of Brunk's, and the other is at Middletown Rd. The Mahar property is in between them. I wonder if they are marking gas lines under the road.

Ruth- Did you ever sign your lease? I'm curious as to what you decided on and what Chesapeake agreed to. I'm in the same situation as you.....i have 8 acres and would rather have a non-surface lease.....chesapeak offered me $2500 per acre and 20% net for a non-surface and $4000 per acre and 20% net for a surface lease. Why the big difference in price? There is also a proposed well unit that crosses my neighbor's property but ends before mine...very close....this is on Garfield Rd area where it crosses Rt. 11.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service