I looked in the sky and it is orange. Oh yes I have seen this before only its a lot bigger, what I drove down the road to see was the utica well being flared off on the patterson well. It had to be four or five times the size of the marcellus well flare which was in of itself a pretty good one. This well has a marcellus and a utica on it as a"test well". Looks like they passed the test. It is amazing and really hot from afar. It was raining and so as the flame was taller than the flare pipe, the groud was steaming all arond.

Views: 38390

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It doesn't matter how much liquid is being produced that's what we have 2 3 and 4 phase separators for. The length of time a well is flared depends on how long it takes to clean up and get the water rate down so it can be put to production. That's not the case in Lawrence we have to pipelines yet for the new wells that have been drilled.

Thanks MANDERSON. Do you have any educated guesses as to Lawrence County's prospects for oil or ngl's?......Looks like gas supply isn't a problem!

All I know is what I have heard but the wells in Lawrence should produce oil or condensate. The closest I have worked to Lawrence is Washington and Armstrong counties and the wells in Washington produced condensate but not the ones in Armstrong. Also the places I have worked in Ohio produced condensate. The outlook is great for the county.

Thanks for the encouraging words MANDERSON !

Let's hope for the best.

so this flare is from the utica?  and  the one last month was from a marcellus ?

Yes, that is according to the guard I spoke with yesterday when I took the pic's

Attachments:

Any word on condensate or oil being produced from the well?

Where is this well site located at?

Southern Lawrence Co

Chris,did you get any shots of the 2 large gray vertical tanks? They would be further to the left of this shot. They had inverted 180 degree ells coming from their tops. Like a vent pipe of sorts. was wondering if they are oil tanks. They are about the right size to be 400 barrel capacity and there were 2 of them. Man , I gotta buy a digital camera!

Does anyone know of a website that shows a comprehensive variety of contraptions used on a wet gas / oil site?

Thanks for posting these pics Chris !

The pic #.02 above shows about all the equipment I saw at the site. (7 hrs ago)..The are two (2) gray vertical tanks in the pic to the left but I could begin to guess their uses, or capacity..Sorry..

Thanks again Chris. Sure wish we knew more about these wells but I guess it's proprietary information. I wholeheartedly agree with you.....going to be an extremely interesting year!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service