Last week, a landman from EdgeMarc stopped by to get permission to survey my property for a proposed gas pipeline going through parts of Center Twp., Conoquenessing Twp., etc., and going along Rt. 68 to the processing plant south of Prospect on Rt. 528.  I also heard from a friend that XTO got permission to survey his property for another proposed pipe line in the same general area.

Anyone else heard anything about these proposed lines?

Views: 8946

Replies to This Discussion

Jane,

To the best of my knowledge the "local" pipeline Co's cannot do eminent domain.

I believe it has to be "interstate" at least. I would think at this point at least they are not "public utilities".  But given our wonderful politicians in PA ... who knows that may change.

IMHO - at this point you can just say NO!. Maybe they just go away, maybe they try to make you an offer that you can't refuse - big bucks. Just depends how bad they want it.

I have let MarkWest survey ect. for a possible line across my property. Not right down the middle but in an area I may consider. No offer yet.

I believe you are safe in just saying NO!

Cheers

FMV

we are currently dealing with mw for a row agreement I can honestly say that they are nice people have been very understanding with concerns that we have and our property BUT please inform yourself a row agreement is a lot more scary than an O/G lease ever could be, 15/7 afoot I believe is there standard offer 15 on the primary pipeline and 7 afoot for each following pipeline there are a lot of good threads here on GMS with gobs of good info and links also .

.read them ALL and then re-read them  good luck and stay civil

Mark,

please inform yourself a row agreement is a lot more scary than an O/G lease ever could be,

lol - I have done that - and you are 100% correct !

.read them ALL and then re-read them  good luck and stay civil

Have done that also!   No problem staying civil - just one word to say - NO.

The standard offer is so low in my opinion as to be laughable. That line is permanent,

For all practical purposes it ain't never goin away. Somebody gonna make a ton of money off that line, lines. 

Even front-loaded with some bonus money to account for the degradation of the land value (who wants to buy a house with a high pressure gas line through the front yard ) it don't look like a good deal to me.

15/7 a foot might work for yearly rental, well may even 10 or 12, but that ain't gonna happen. 

Without some sort of annual rental it makes no sense to me. 

If they do come back and make a "standard offer" - just gonna have to say NO.

Cheers

FMV and all others

yes there is a lot to consider even if you consider it a "FAIR OFFER" route,addenda peace of mind, taxes, loss of land use any idea of the size of the ROW? You definately seem to have a handle on it makes you wonder if anybody(in there right mind) just said yes and then stuck there head back in the sand LOL(but not in the area of the ROW) would interfere with grantees right for full use and enjoyment of such land LOL  mark

I just gave permission for a Markwest guy to walk on and survey my property for the purpose of putting in a pipeline.  Considering what they pay you (based on what I've been reading here), whether it's a one-time payment, yearly, or monthly, it sure doesn't seem to be worth it at all.

Also, note that when you sign a ROW lease, it allows the pipeline company come on your land to maintain the pipeline, spraying herbicides, mowing, trimming branches, etc whenever they deem it necessary.  They are not just going to put the pipe on your land and go, you are going to be having people on and off your land forever if you sign a ROW lease, all for a mere $15 a foot!.  Landowners demand wheelage.  It's a pay based on the amount of gas that goes through pipe.  At least then if you are putting up with having a pipeline on your property, you would be getting monthly payments.

AB, 

Landowners demand wheelage. - Absolutely correct !

Actual "wheelage" can be a bit complicated to calculate but wheelage or some form of rental payment is necessary. 

Pipeline ROW's around here are only going to become more valuable. There will not be just 1 line- multiple for sure.

This is a decision to think long and hard about.

Cheers

Anybody got any new scuttlebutt on local pipelines ?

The MarkWest  Reno to Rape line that is going to pass by or through me looks to be still in the final routing stage.  Now that the corn has been cut have seen a few guys eyeballing lines. White flags on some of the stakes over the pink - don't know what that means. 

From the Enotice emails, seems to be quite a bit of permitting  going on. 

Has any one got any offers for a ROW that they would care to share ? 

Ya I am nebby, really trying to get a handle on these.  

Cheers

FMV

our local area (beaver county) they fell off the map have not heard a peep from them gave them some addenda to chew on havn't heard nothing back no curtsey call not even a F@#$%-you LOL and we havn't discussed money yet wanted to see what deal we were going to sign to FIRST and then financially adjust accordingly positive or negative buddy of mine said when the government shut down they lost a lot of there capital through government subsidiaries taking a while to gear back up I guess good luck  

Was up Rt 8 in Penn Twp. to Trader Horn  this morning (pickles were on sale, lol) --- anyway---

On the West side just south of TH in that semi empty lot - well it ain't empty no more. Filled to the max with equipment.

Looks like a pipeline construction co. is setting up big time.  Half a dozen or more big long armed excavators ,a bunch of various pickup and other trucks packed in (and thats just an estimate), 80' long stack of 4x4 or 6x6 wooden cribbing stacked in a neat line, and lot of other stuff I could not see that well without causing a rubbernecker accident.

Not surprising - XTO and Rex have had a lot of permits working their way through the process , at least from what I have seen from eNotice.

Don't know too much about "digging" but it sure looks like they are set to go to work. Winter be darned!

Did not catch the name of the co. It was on the side of some of the trucks but these old eyes aint that good. I will get nebby and ride by real slow if I really feel the need to know! lol

Anybody got more info that my drive by - feel free to share !

Cheers

EdgeMarc was at my house today north of Butler on 38 asking for permission to survey.  Is there anything we should be concerned about giving them permission?

No, shouldn't be a problem to let them survey.  Only be careful if they want you to sign a contract/lease for the right-of-way.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service