Landowners angry distrust of OGC

Money leaves the state for Oklahoma to improve their state

gas company strangle grip (power) out of control

reduction in land values which is already happening

Feel free to comment

Views: 1857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

doesn't matter if it's fair, it just has to be legal.

and your point about money invested is a good one, but landowners and municipalities would be guilty of collusion should they decide to basically hold one company ransom would they not?

do two wrongs make a right? to me at least, there is a moral dilemma there.

and of course you must realize that what you suggest is a logistical impossibility.

and of course this plan would play right into the hands of the anti frac'ers.

and of course this plan would not preempt existing production from being shipped and sold. in case you haven't noticed, drilling has slowed anyway, it might not hurt them as much as you're thinking it would unless you propose to wait 10-20 years or so, and by then, you and I will likely be dead.

and what of folks with better leases? should they be punished along with the gascos in this scheme?

wj

I understand the difficulty of your existing bias.  You're already in one terrible lease, not of your own doing and not your fault, and you're in process of negotiating another bad lease under (what I view as) duress.  These things, acting in concert, can cloud the mind.  So let me meander just a bit to something which occurred to me only yesterday, terribly belatedly:

I never could understand, back when the impact fee legislation was being crafted, why the gas companies were so insistent on defeating local control over drilling.  Sure, I was naive and I only say "naive" because I don't want to write "stupid".  But I didn't see this back then.  It seemed to me unimportant because, after all, why would the gas companies want to be able to drill (for example) in Bucks County knowing they were not wanted in such a place as that.  It never occurred to me they were concerned about the power local control over drilling would offer to landowners who actually wanted drilling!!!!

Course the gas companies are a lot smarter than me and they are a whale of a lot more foresighted than me.  This was a dope slap moment for me when I finally saw it.  And that provision was included in the legislation and signed into law, only to be struck down later by the PA Supremes.

Bottom line, the power strategically to ban drilling is a significant power.  With great power comes great responsibility.  PA landowners should use this power only if absolutely necessary.  If 1684 becomes law and if all parties abide by it without challenge, there will be no need to resort to a higher power.  But if Chesapeake, as they are wont to do, becomes cocky and arrogant, we have a response. 

BUT this will make you feel better

Darlene Newton Question time? WHY is there a Federal Investigation going on that has been going on for almost 2 years? Pennsylvania Politicians at the top did not know? How completely STUPID do OUR POLITICIANS think WE THE PEOPLE are? They knew Chesapeake was taking big whopping deductions they looked the other way! Why? WHY ARE OUR Politicians IGNORING US ? Are they being rewarded by the Gas Companies?
Landowners have been ROYALTY SCREWED! The Federal Government is investigating for the underpayment of Royalties which stated 12.5 percent! Are they beginning to treat us like second class citizens? I thought they worked for WE THE PEOPLE! They BELIEVED that 12.5 percent meant 12.5 percent and obviously that is why our STATE and THE Federal Government are Sueing Chesapeake? 
I believe WE THE PEOPLE have more POWER then WE think and I think its about time We The People put an end to it! We want OUR MONEY in full and nothing less WE SHOULD get NO less than the ones that work for US MEANING YOU POLITICIANS OUR 12.5 percent to be interpreted the same! Or is this the interpretation OUR GOVERNMENT is beginning to treat us like second class citizens!!!!

simplest answer, Darlene - follow the money...someday you will 'see the light' - it won't be a good day. It will be a frustrating day...forget the 'second class citizens'...the way things are going - are we even 'citizens'?...time will tell. (BUT we will be wise enough to 'see'?)

Take off the blinders, open your eyes. THEN you'll be able to see where your ship is headed on OIL CREEK...

as one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness. nasty 'business', this...

I think it by far past forgiving them they will never bring trust to the GOOD PEOPLE OF BRADFORD COUNTY!  We did NOT ask for this!

Well, Darlene, there's at least one Bradford County resident who thinks the world of Chesapeake.  He defends them at every turn of the road, and he has a rather large mouth on him.  The guy lives in, or near to, Wyalusing.  :-)

This dude claims Chesapeake is paying him a lot of money.  I have to wonder how much of that is for his natural gas and how much of it is for his public relations fusillade!  ;-)

existing bias, that's funny...

I am leased under far superior terms to anything you could ever imagine, and also under a boilerplate which to me, although not ideal, will pay back an investment handsomely. buying the boilerplate was a business decision.

all leases could be considered by the paranoid to be negotiated under "duress". in reality though, it's just business. it's always business. failure to remember that it's just business is what gives people such emotional duress these days.

wj

Whatever.  I intended that duress thing as a compliment.  You're a sane and level-headed guy AFAIK.  No such person would negotiate any lease with the likes of Chesapeake except under duress.  Idiots would, of course.  I was giving you credit for not being an idiot.

As for my imagination . . well . . you have not seen my lease.  There is no way you could match it.  :-)  But then full disclosure forces me to admit I have an unfair advantage over you, one related much more to unvarnished good fortune than to knowledge or negotiating skill.  

...and Frank - IF we could see 'your lease'...and WHAT things pray tell, concerning a G/O Lease, WOULD give a 'leg up' to an individual who is not in as advantageous & fortunate position such as yourself?

I KNOW - you have somehow wrangled a G/O lease where they don't even have to DRILL - just pay YOU for the presumptuous THOUGHT of drill-omg! HA! Drilling clouds! Good Show!!! Bravo!

Love it...as one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness.

...once there was a little landowner who had the smarts to put in 'this lease shall not be sold or transferred without lessor's written consent...but guess what - they just did what they wanted anyway. - or something like that...negotiating skill...? that is for another day...

So - I'll be blunt: why is your lease so good - WHAT makes it so?

As far as I am concerned WE THE PEOPLE are sick of it and as far as I am concerned each and every Landowner Shallow Gas or Deep Gas .  WE are allowing them into OUR HOMES NOT THEIRS!  Both are due 12.5 percent . I am totally not going to feel sorry for Chesapeake Sir!

I would welcome any OTHER COMPAY to come in and take over our wells but Chesapeake is not welcome!  They have totally severed the faith and the trust of the people of Bradford County!!!!!!!!

I AGREE DARLENE,I ALSO ALONG WITH MANY OTHER LANDOWNERS IN NORTHERN BRADFORD CO. LONG FOR THE DAY WHEN CHSPK WILL BE BOUGHT OUT BY ANY OTHER GAS CO.-98% OF OUR CURRENT ROYALTY PROBLEMS WILL THEN BE SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

Darlene Newton Question time? WHY is there a Federal Investigation going on that has been going on for almost 2 years? Pennsylvania Politicians at the top did not know? How completely STUPID do OUR POLITICIANS think WE THE PEOPLE are? They knew Chesapeake was taking big whopping deductions they looked the other way! Why? WHY ARE OUR Politicians IGNORING US ? Are they being rewarded by the Gas Companies? 
Landowners have been ROYALTY SCREWED! The Federal Government is investigating for the underpayment of Royalties which stated 12.5 percent! Are they beginning to treat us like second class citizens? I thought they worked for WE THE PEOPLE! They BELIEVED that 12.5 percent meant 12.5 percent and obviously that is why our STATE and THE Federal Government are Sueing Chesapeake? 
I believe WE THE PEOPLE have more POWER then WE think and I think its about time We The People put an end to it! We want OUR MONEY in full and nothing less WE SHOULD get NO less than the ones that work for US MEANING YOU POLITICIANS OUR 12.5 percent to be interpreted the same! Or is this the interpretation OUR GOVERNMENT is beginning to treat us like second class citizens!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service