1. State
2. County
2. Lease Bonus Offer
3. Royalty %
4. Terms (length of the lease)

Views: 14276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marylou, Not yet. Thanks in advance for the email.
You should be in a good place to get good value. Maybe not as much as the Susquehana/NE Bradford area, but still good. How much? Depends on what people are willing to pay.

You may want to get a land description and total acres and send it to CHK and Fortuna. On their websites they should have a name/address/email for someone that handles their appalachia properties. If you have enough acreage, they will be interested. Make sure you get at least two offers to make sure you aren't being lowballed. Also, go on the Friendsville (?) landowner group's website and see their lease form.
Marylou, Why do you think it will be a long time to drill in Bradford? Isn't that area suppose to be "core"? I would think it would be a great spot for companies to start drilling. It sounds like you maybe heard some plans so I am just curious. TIA!
Hi Elizabeth, It just what i think. I dont know for sure how long it will take. I'm am just estimating. It is going to take thousands of drillings to cover most of the county if they plan on the doing the whole county. How many can they do a month or a year I'm not sure. But really I'm just guessing. What do you have going on. Do you have some good prospects? We have some unleased land we are waiting on. But really on the gas flowing it is luck of the draw.
East Resources

1. PA
2. Tioga
3. 1500, 20 acres
4. 15%
5. 5yr. w/option to extend
Marylou, My parents have small area leased but it is about to expire. I do not live in the area but am trying to stay on top of it. I feel they did not get the best deal so just trying to help out when I can. It is harder being far away.
Just tell them to maybe go to a lawyer if it is going to be a large amount of money. If not, they probably know someone in the know. Let me know if you want us to help.
Marylou and Elizabeth, It looks as though we three are in the same situation; interests in Bradford, but living else where. (I am in the central Rockies, in the small town of Gypsum, CO). It's nice to have a connection to others in the same boat. Thanks for any help and information you can share, I will do the same if I think I have anything to offer. Best of Luck. I'll stay in touch.
Good morning.

I own 80 acres in Smithfield twp,. Bradford County. I was just offered 12% and $3000 per acre or 20% an $2000 per acre from Mason Dixon, representing Chesapeake Energy. I feel the percentage is at current market value, but the price per acre is low compared to current Susuquehana an Wyoming Co. offers. If anyone in Bradford Co. has any information on current lease offers I would appreciate it. From what I understand this area has been identified one of the lager producers in the shale.
hey matt how many years?
Five years.
Matt call Fortuna. I'm sure they will beat that offer by a mile!
Jeff

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service