Rogersville (XEC): Management isn’t ready to talk on its emerging Rogersville Shale position, but does hint that it has a sizable position (we think 100K+ acres), is surrounded by big-name neighbors (CHK, EQT, CLR, and COG), and confirms that acreage prices are starting to go for >$1,000/acre (XEC's entry price is well under that). For those new to the Rogersville, it runs through both Kentucky and West Virginia, and recent reports coming out of the basin highlight prolific vertical well results.

Views: 1265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh good, more gas.  That ought to help Appalachian differentials.

It was my understanding that leasing prices in the Rogersville shale had collapsed and that most leasing had stopped.

People on the TOPIX website were saying in April and May that they were being offered $5 to $10 an acre for 5 year leases in Magoffin County.

Who is paying the $1,000/acre. 

I hope its true.

Nope, its not.

Just more hype.

I have clients with acreage over in the Rogersville shale area: Cabell County, WV.  Last I'd heard, Cimarex had pulled out completely.  That was back in January.  Cabot was the only game left, and I haven't been able to get them to do more than say, "yes, we're interested in that area".  No documents, no bonus offers.  If Cimarex is getting back in the game, I'll have some happy clients.

Just seen WSAZ News had a report of a meeting tonight in Huntington about Fracking, Its tonight at 6;30 they said people that lives in the Rogersville shale should be there.      

I won't be able to make it tonight.  I hope other people here will, though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service