Some true,some hearsay...Aubrey is looking for a site to build his regional office with a Cambridge address.  Aep Utica is looking to drill a well behind the General store in Old Washington,early feb.   .AEP is drilling now in Harrison co. Rice will be moving their big rig from Belmont co. to daddy Shugerts well in Old Washington,soon. Bluegrass Pipeline coming thru the county this year. Compressor  station for Antero's well below Senecaville is ready to fire up any day.  Gulfport is sending rigs to Guernsey soon. EQT is wanting to drill 21 new wells in Guernsey this year. Carrizo has 2 pads built,ready to roll. Cheasapeake,all of a  sudden,likes Guernsey,better than Carroll. The company wanting to build an apartment complex at the I-77/Rt.22 site has agreed to help finance a sewer plant needed at that site& Coventry Estates. Motel to be built across from Pilot on the hill almost ready to roll. Some landowners near Quaker City are getting offers of $13,400. per acre to sell their Mineral rights.  Any other tidbits are welcome. You hear things from credible sources that may not even be true,but you be the judge.

Views: 110033

Replies to This Discussion

I  nticed yesterday that they have installed 3  top hole pipes with fences around them on the Shipman pad by Old Washington fairground. Maybe waiting for the rig on Eason Rd. to get those wells drilled.? The ODOT will be shutting down that overpass ,so all that truck traffic will have to come up Range,orCounty Home rds.?

I have been told that AEP has said the Shipman pad will in fact be drilled with the Easton rig following the completion of that well.

We are wondering about the traffic routing as well. I went to the Wooden Wheel attempting to obtain some more information of the Eclipse return that you wrote about but couldn't get anything further.

Eclipse is between two hard places with a large rick hanging over them, something will have to give and I suspect that even though they deny it they will be forced into some joint ventures to get their units drilled and generate some cash flow to satisfy the banks.

They weren't there at Easton long enough to drill any laterals. What did they drill, a rat hole?

I would swear I saw the rig on Easton just yesterday on my way to Zanesville.  Anyhow, quite probably now becomes a held b production issue.

The rig was on Easton a couple of weeks ago. It was a big one so I doubt it was used for the rat holes

My source is the son of the landowner. I do not repeat rumor without quantifying it as such.

Maybe the overpass being shut down had something to do with that?

Kind of interesting to me what happened in the oil market yesterday. Brent crude retreated in price while WTI advanced rather nicely.

Reading about it I learned that there are two widely conflicting opinions of what is happening to the inventories here. A report is due out today when we will learn who is correct and whether the surplus grew substantially or decreased substantially.

This will likely effect another swing of some size.

Truth be told I don't think anyone has a great handle on what the short term is going to produce.

The word of mouth scoop is, on the Eggleston and Shipman pans at Old Washington. Thanks to the State Shutting down the overpass on County Home rd. AEU decided to stop short of completing the 3 wells at the Eggleston until the bridge is re-opened. Too expensive to truck stuff up from rt.265. They took the rig to New Martinsville area in West Virginia. They have lots of acreage to drill there. Another shot of delays for Guernsey County. Everyone says ,"wait till 2016". Looks like that could be the case. Maybe by then,the state will have decided their new policies on the oil& gas issues, more pipelines will be in, Oil prices may go up,Salt Fork acreage may be open for drilling? We got enough traffic for the time being anyway!  Lots of activity going on Lake Ridge rd. below Deerasic Park. widening rd. thumpers,3-d imaging, may be getting ready to build pad/s?

I was told by a solid source that the Easton Road site (Eggleston ?) was only two very long horizontals and that al the verticals had already been drilled before the big rig showed up.

I am told AEP completed both verticals and left because just as Bo says above, the bridge is torn out on County Home.

I thought but could be wrong that the bridge replacement would be a county job and not the state, but where the state is kinda hurting us most is I believe there is still no movement on drilling horizontals under I-70.

I am also told that Eclipse has some how miraculously secured another round of funding to continue their fiscal high wire act, and that could very well mean them moving back in here soon. Everywhere I look I see the industry touting how much the lean times have forced them to become more efficient drilling these wells and that they can and do make money at lower prices than before.

We'll see, I aint very firm on Eclipse.

I hope everyone is weathering the lull, all we can do is wait and speculate.

It'll happen sooner or later.

Most of us can wait and the rest don't have any choice but to wait.

Looking North across I-70 today I could see the TSG helicopter flying a bag of sorts like before.

Hang in there, don't let go of yer mineral rights, they are worth more in yer name by far than they would ever sell for.

Eggleston was being drilled from end of april thru end of May, (watched from my back porch,) the amount of time Aepu said it would take, then they closed the overpass.  have seen several tanker trucks headed towards the wells coming from middlebourne and up county home road., now the gates closed at Eggleson wells. 

I read aep is going to drill in Old Washington, they were doing seismic testing on my  3 lots there??? 8/10th of one acre

was offered 15,000 an acre to sell mineral rights....Not for sale!!

Do you know where in Old Washington? I live on fairground rd just below the fairgrounds. I have 22 acres leased to aeup. I been getting things in the mail tryin to get me to bite on an offer to sell my mineral rights. Not for sale!!!  I have yet to be notified if I'm in a drilling unit. Where did you read about that?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service