Shell reps has just come through to get permission for seismic testing. I'm not leased (total surprise to them...I guess landowners aren't the only ones kept in the dark!), so I said no. I said I would be interested in leasing, and they said Shell would get back to me soon.

Does anyone know Shell's current standard offer? The last I heard (late last year) it was $2000/acre, 15% royalty. And they have addendums for C&G rollbacks, no storage, and some other environmental ones. I want to be prepared when they call to get the best deal. I'd like to hold out for a higher royalty; I know that Shell has bought/taken over leases with royalties as high as 20%. As I've written before, I'm in a pretty good position where it would be difficult for Shell to totally ignore my property. I want a deal, but I want better than their standard offer: now is my chance. Any ideas?

Views: 3923

Replies to This Discussion

Bill; no, I'm not near there. I think Ely Road is in Charleston Township; I'm in Delmar Township, west of Wellsboro, toward the Canyon.
Paleface; Well then Chatham town must have hired private contractors to fix the road. This was not any of Marties crew or trucks. Marty has always done a fabulous job on our road in the past. Always on the ball with the grading and rolling.
Woods?
Yes, Marty Wood
 Marty made a road for me did a real good job and a fair price.
He did work for me to. He cleared, leveled, and graded an area for my 30x40 garage. Fantastic job considering the location was on the side of an incline.
 That creek rock he use's is the trick for soft or wet area's,my road has held up to the rain falls of the last ten years still hard no soft spots ?

Lynn did shell start the seismic testing in delmar?I just recieved a letter today from swepi that said they are starting surveying crews in Delmar,Shippen,Middlebury,and Chatham within the next several weeks in preparation for the seismic operations in the area?

They started it in my area of Delmar township last fall, then stopped after Thanksgiving. I got a call from them a couple of weeks ago that they were starting up again, but I haven't seen them yet.

Lynn is your seismic north wellsboro 3d or sabinsville 3d?

North Wellsboro

The letter about the seismic town hall meeting says the North Wellsboro 3D is in process-estimated completion second quarter 2012.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service