We had a man  come to our farm  today and wanted us to sign papers to let them do Seismic testing on our farm.  The mans name was Mike Allstead from SEITEL, out of Monaca, PA. He offered us $5.00 per acre on our 76 acre farm. They want to dig 40 3 inch round holes , 30 ft. deep, put blasting powder in the holes . ( My Husband talked to the man, I was not here)  He told the man he needs to talk with me. I am to call him and set up a time after the Holidays to sign the papers. The man needs to come back and draw where the buildings and ponds are, on our property.  Has anyone else been aproached by this  company ? ANY information would be appreciated ! Not sure what to do ? Confused..... Many Thanks in advance for your information !

Views: 9331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "This is not beach sand"

Of course not, this is condensation of the water vapor in the pumpers exhaust on a cold 1AM October night - as this water vapor rapidly disperses into the atmosphere.

As Steven pointed out, the proppant sand is cleaned, screened, and washed so that it is of uniform size  (diameter) . The desire is to have a proppant that is made up of round grains of silica sand of similar diameter - this allows for maximum porosity. The desire is to have a proppant that is made up of clean sand, no fines (no dust) that would reduce permeability. The silica sand used as a proppant is of an aeolian type (well rounded, think of sand dune), not a sharp sand like at a beach; thus less dangerous than beach sand.

It is obvious that some propagandist or person ignorant of what they were filming produced that utube video - as it is simply showing engine exhaust.

This is just another example of the "manufactured" propaganda produced by a desperate group of Trolls who are seeing their scam exposed. As they lose their battle, they become more desperate and their lies become more ridiculous.Trying to pass off water vapor as a plume of fine dust is really stooping low in their attempt to push their agi-prop.

All IMHO,

JS

Engine exhaust and water vapor  ! HaHa what a joke I took the video and was there this wasn't my first video on this stuff .It is dust plain and simple .24/7 for sometimes 6-8 days .Besides the inspector from the PA DEP knows it's dust ,so do you know more than them !Your comments are useless to me .I been around this a long time ." the sand is well rounded " that's what makes it so dangerous .It creates a fine dust .I know all about this sand from Wisconsin .

You are wrong .I dealt with industrial processes my whole working life .From 18 to 62 when I retired .Developing processes for industry was one of my tasks .I know when something is wrong quite well .Also know where there can be improvements .So even though you don't like me or my comments I will continue to post for those that are interested in hearing the non industry side of this process .

Bill,

Why don't you take your propaganda to a anti-drilling website and post it there. 99.99% of the people that belong to this forum are pro-drilling, and you are not going to change anyone's mind here about that. Your wasting your time posting all this false information.

So frack off to somewhere else and post your dribble.

@ Fang what I post here is only what i have seen and learned in the past 3 + years .I didn't care one bit about the environment until they started NG drilling here near me .Seeing what I have seen has caused me to become very concerned about a process that keeps claiming it is responsible and yet is not based on my experience !

Bill F.,

Your posts sound very familiar. I have heard it all before! Word for word.

It is like Ground Hog Day .... I wake up, and it's william/Bill all over again.

Are you the william ferullo that was sent to the "Warning Wall" for posting obscenities?

I bet that you are.

Come on, fess up.

Are those darned Compressors still keeping you awake?

All IMHO,

JS

Ha ,Ha Ha your a funny man ,with a lot to say even though it's all a front ! Compressors don't keep me up ( not here yet ,sorry )

Who are you to tell me where to post ! I post where ever I want .so keep your opinion to yourself ,OK !!! OLIVER 

Bill, do you have the inspector's site report that it is dust? Otherwise we only have your word it is so. Unless there is independent air monitoring, there is no evidence of hazardous concentrations. I have 30 years experience as a geologist, so I may well know more than you or the inspector about the potential hazards involved here.

I  am on a personal basis with the head inspector for N.C.PA .He knows all to well this NG industry is getting away with the silica dust .I don't care who you are or how long you have done what you do . The PA DEP is well aware of this problem ,but their hands are tied due to no regulation.Why do you think I would believe your opinion on the video over this man who has worked in the drilling industry for many.many years.What makes you think you can say it's condensation without being there ! I have filmed other sites in the Summer during the daytime and the dust is still there even though it is bone dry .If you want proof I'll post some pictures .Save your PR for those that are ignorant to the process.OK !

You have not answered my previous question, post away, you will notice, however, I did not say that it could not be dust, just that the video is not conclusive evidence it is dust.  If PA DEP is aware of potential air quality violations due to fugitive particulate emissions, (dust,) why have they not forwarded the matter to EPA which has jurisdiction under the Clean Air Act and amendments?

Ah , now you are willing to say this could be dust ,but before you were absolutely convinced I was just an idiot !Now that you know I have communicated often with the PA DEP your song has changed .I was told by the head inspector for N.C PA that their hands are tied to what they can do on this issue and to put pressure on the legislators in PA which I work on all the time ,but many of them are in the industries pocket  and don't have the foresight to see any problems .Typical reaction from ignorant people .I.m not out to shut this industry down just want to have regulations on occurring violations related to people's health ! What's so bad about that .A truly responsible industry would welcome this .The ball is in their court !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service