Shell to Locate Multi-Billion Dollar Ethane Cracker Plant in Monaca! :))

Views: 3305

Replies to This Discussion

Yea. They were closing down no matter what happened with the cracker plant and moving to North Carolina. Their equipment is so old and doesn't meet EPA standards and it would have cost too much to upgrade.

The impending closing of Horse head is what prompted Shell to look at the site.
IT WAS ON THE MARKET!

Shell  may pull plug on Pa. cracker

http://www.dailymail.com/News/201310310240

It has also been reported that Shell is considering a bid for Chesapeke......????
Why would they consider that if money is so tight.....?
The fox is on the hunt!

According to Marcellus Drilling News , Shell has hired an engineering firm to do front end engineering and design work for the PA Cracker plant!

Yep, I saw that too!
Good news for sure.

Shell continues to have what Horsehead Holding Corp. calls an "extremely active" presence at the soon-to-be-closed Horsehead zinc plant in Beaver County as the conglomerate decides whether to build a petrochemical plant there.

Shell had "70 people crawling over the facility in the last week," Horsehead CEO Jim Hensler told analysts on a conference call Tuesday reporting Horsehead's third-quarter earnings. "They're still actively involved."

Nov 5 Pittsburgh Bussiness Journal

Thanks Gary!

Wonderful News !!  Thank you for sharing...

Yep, I spoke to a friend last saturday that  has signed to allow Shell the option to purchase his property nearby. I think he said they had until next summer, not the end of the year, to exercise the option though. Of course they could actually buy the property then give the owners a date that they have to be off the premises. 

All great news guys. Thanks for the updates. Seems more likely than not this is becoming a reality. And this valley can surely benefit from a real economic stimulus - private sector jobs.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service