The main thrust of the site will always be leasing and drilling information. With that said, I have noticed several political discussions popping up.

Reply with YES or NO; should we add a political group?

*If added the discussions for this group would not be on the homepage where the main page forum currently is displayed.

Views: 4586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear keith, By all means. The prodding way to have  elected officials listen is via petitions, concerned citizen groups and combined voices.

Exactly. If you're not engaged, you have NO say. Our congress-critters need to be reminded regularly what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Often the seem to forget they are representing US when we send them to Washington or the State House.
After going back and reading all of the posts, I have to say I am swayed by the pro votes , there are many intelligent folks on the site .  I just think that the information on this site, presented as it is, should be left as is. People point out the good and bad going on now ,  and who is doing what where. Why does that have to be labeled ? I think it's just going to be too divisive just my .03 cents.
No, we should not.  We should be able to hear what the government and local agencies are doing but we should not be able to give our political opinion.  All of politics is to argumentative for or against.   Some of us don't always agree with our political policy makers.   Once you allow political parties to take up their sides you get arguments and not information.  I for one don't care what someone's party thinks I want information.   Thanks
Can we call it a "political section".     I'm not too about crazy political groups.

Just seeing how divided this question has made this group is exactly why politics SHOULD NOT be allowed to be discussed on this site. This entire discussion is clearly divided and once politics are allowed to enter this forum, it will never be the same. Become educated here, and then tell your reprentative how you feel- either verbally or with your vote. I personally do not care if you're a consevative liberal, or a liberal conservative. Either way, I want what's best for my family.

Think, this entire discussion came from the rants and raves of just a few people last week. Can you imagine if everyone on this site gets involved expressing their opinion? It will make for worthless reading

No political discussions, please!!

Yes!

Yes, I rather have it restricted to one area then to read the rant across the board.
no

no

I'd say yes if it's got it's own spot, away from what is discussed here.  It takes the rants/writings out of the talks we have now and gives them their own spot.  If you want to read them, great.  If not, you don't have to go there.

DW Berkley

www.marcellususa.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service