I just like many landowners in Wyoming County is disappointed in Chesapeake and the Wyoming County Landowners Association.  I'm not certain why the association made that announcement last fall about non-members getting the same leases as their members.  I would pass on that I believe it is in all non-members best interests to hold off for the same if not a better lease agreements.  I'd be curious to know what is the total acreage which has not signed with any company.  That might be used as leverage with Chesapeake.  That leverage could be used to give Chesapeake 'our' own deadline so to speak.  Either way, I believe patience is in order.  Yesterday I spoke with Mike Burkholder, land man representing Chesapeake who tells me that he is waiting to hear from Chesapeake on what if in fact anything he could offer to folks who are not yet signed up.  He of course tells me that this will be based upon what township you live in.  I only have twelve and half acres, but I do know close neighbors, one has 90 the other over 100 who have not signed.  I could only re-iterate patience.  Maybe the creator of the site could be the initiator of finding out how much has not been signed up, and a second land owners association could be created.  Any thoughts?   Lastly the phone number of the Chesapeake office in Towanda is 570-265-2565 or 6525, can't quite remember.  Thanx, Mark S.

Views: 2148

Replies to This Discussion

When the sign-ons got screwed by Chesapeake and the Wyoming County Group, a neighbor of mine started a group to see how much interest there was in the area. And how much unleased land was around.

The group still exists, I believe, and I am a part of it. If anyone is interested in joining (it is FREE) you can email wyomingrefugees@gmail.com
rfs- sent u an email a few days ago and am still waiting for your reply...tell me about the wyoming refugees, please!....RIch K.
I also sent an email to wyomingrefugees@gmail.com a few eeks ago and got no reply
I wonder what is going on then.

I will see what I can find out. We do need a group in Wyoming County!
There is a meeting at Triton Hose in Tunkhannock April 22nd at 7PM. Any landowners not signed up yet are welcome to here from the 'DICK LANDOWNERS GROUP' and their speaker Jim Courtney.

To confirm this information call

Ken Dick

DICK LANDOWNERS GROUP

He can be reached at 814-483-4699 or dicklandgroup@gmail.com
Okay, regarding the wyomingrefugees group, it is at a standstill. Most of the landowners who are interested so far have been spread out all over and are rather small pieces of land. After spending a LOT of time contacting the companies who may be leasing in the area, the group leader has gotten the same answer from all. NOT INTERESTED AT THIS TIME.

In addition, other groups in the immediate area (there are several believe it or not) have had the exact same problem. No companies are ready to take on more land yet.

This situation WILL change for us, as the infrastructure (pipelines, etc) is being constructed and will criss-cross our area when it comes through. At that point it will make more sense to drill here. PLUS, by then we might have a better idea of how the Skyline well, Skoronski well, and a number of others all within a few miles turned out. After all, those wells have no pipeline yet so we would never know what the companies found.

I was contacted by Dick Landowners group to attend the info meeting in Tunkhannock on April 22 and I intend to go, just to hear what they have to say. Their attorney is to be the speaker and I want to get an idea of what his take is (as compared to all the recently negotiated leases - the good ones) and maybe learn a thing or two.

In the meantime, be aware that many people are getting letters from companies who want to BUY their gas rights, at very low prices ($1,000 to $3000 per acre) and that is a total SALE so you would never get a cent of royalties and you would have a gas company crawling all over your land with no extra compensation. DON'T SIGN ANYTHING, even a seismic agreement or pipeline lease, unless you understand exactly what the terms are.
Does anyone know if the meeting on the 22nd is still going on? I haven't seen any other info for it besides here. I notice it is not a local number, anyone know anything about them? or plan on going besides rsf?
I'm Planning on being there as well. I hope it is still going on. I'm an out of town owner and will have to drive 4 hours each way.
The only thing I heard was that the lawyer would NOT be there Thursday night. He was injured and cannot make it.
I believe the meeting is still going on, but it might be a good idea to call them first and verify. I got a phone message about it but have not called back. I'm now wondering if it will be worth going.
I made the meeting last night and it was interesting.
Does anyone know what happened to the Dick Landowners group? I called the phone number for them and found it disconnected. If they have disappeared can anyone suggest another group to join up with?
anyone have a information on whats happening in allegheny county in pa?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service