Still no updates on the Troyer/TUSC 3 well in Tusc?  

Views: 12603

Replies to This Discussion

nope!

will they put out any production numbers on this well at the end of this month or not? I heard wells have to put these reports out for yearly tax purposes.

I'm not under the impression it's producing...only a brief flare is what I've heard. Everything I've heard is rumor, so I wish they'd provide some kind of update.

A pump jack was brought in and is up and running.  pump jack is much bigger than normal ones. looks like its 10-12 ft high at the pivot        running at about 8 cycles per minute 

So why did they put in a pump jack? Is there heavy crude oil in the well or what? I noticed most other wells in other counties do not have pump jacks installed.

I was told they had a "swabber" in there recently.  I am not familiar with these terms.  Can someone please elaborate?  Would heavy crude be a good thing?  I was also told "the results weren't exactly what they expected," which you know that could be translated to mean anything.  They've been awfully quiet about this one!

maybe they put in the pump jack because of low pressure in the well. The pump jack was probably the only way they could get the gas and oil to the surface to get production going. Who knows really. There has been very little info come about this well for sure.

not sure why they put pump in. i've  heard that on conventional clinton/rose run wells is pump jack=lots of oil

I wonder if this machine is the same as a pump jack.  If so this would support the oil theory.

http://www.rigzone.com/training/insight.asp?insight_id=315&c_id=4

Yes that is a pump jack. I imagine they are using a beam pump at this site the way it sounds. I am thinking it might have thick crude oil which is blocking the gas from coming out as well. The biggest reason they probably put in the pump jack was because of low pressure inside the well. They could not get the oil and gas to flow into the wellbore like they wanted too without the use of a pump jack. The swabber they brought in is probably the people that installed the reservoir pump and sucker rods to be used with the pump jack.

TM, forgive my lack of knowledge on this stuff but does this point to good or bad results with this well?  Can you even speculate?

Hard to really say JR. If there was no liquids or gas they surely would not have installed the pump jack. Without knowing how many barrels of oil or gas figures it is very hard to tell what the results will be. I know they would not have installed a pump jack on a dry hole that is for sure.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service