Hmmmm....head scratcher

One idea might be a carbon tax that replaces the Clean Power Plan. Cramer is perhaps the only elected Republican to express support for such a fee. And his description of a carbon tax doesn't align with popular ideas about its shape. Most advocates want to direct carbon revenue toward cuts to the corporate tax rate or to fund clean energy programs.

"My idea of a carbon tax would be to help fund clean fossil fuel research and development, not to fund the government, not to punish fossil fuel generation, not to manipulate fuel choice," Cramer said. "Even a neutral, a revenue-neutral, carbon tax is inappropriate, in my view. But if we can have a very, very modest carbon tax to fund, again, the solution by utilizing fossil fuels like coal, I think even the industry would support that."

Read more: http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060037208

Views: 3285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RJMB

You sound from your post like a good chap.  I'm sorry to offer bad news.  But it's over.  The terrorists have already won.  Your solution, which is good and most valid and with which I agree, cannot work because of our PC culture.  You might say the terrorists, combined with their PC supporters, have won.

Trump?  He surely has the right instincts.  He might even slow the rate of decline a little should he win election.  But unless we can extinguish liberalism and political correctness, along with the terrorists, American decline into a black hole will continue.

To see I'm right answer for yourself this question:  If President Harry Truman, a patriotic Democrat (unlike today's communist Democrats), were alive and wanted right now with equal provocation to incinerate 70,000 foreigners, would PC allow him to act?  The answer is "no".  Yet Truman did make that very decision correctly years ago, saving far more than 70,000 lives of both Americans and Japanese.  Political correctness is a liberal scourge, a key objective (one of several) of which is suppression of free speech.  And BTW, multiculturalism is another catastrophic liberal scourge.  Liberals have bags full of outrages and scourges.   

I disagree to the extent it is never over until it is over. Terrorist have a sympathetic ear in the democratic party that tries to get the rest of us to share the burden of their personal guilt complex. Obama is a prime example of how political correctness is used in their effort to convey their guilt onto us. Here is the definition of political correctness for future reference...

Where is the "pollution" from coal fired power plants ??

When I go look at the coal fired power plants... all I see is "steam"  coming out of the stacks...!!

The "filters"  are taking out the particles... quite satisfactorily  .... so where is the "problem?  with

coal fired power plants......

Sounds like PURE BRAIN WASHING about coal fired power plants.... "polluting"  the air....

When Carol Brauner  of the EPA came to a Rotary Meeting years ago in Guernsey county...

she was laughed off the stage.......nearly left in "tears".....she was pure BS..... no facts....

She was confronted by yours truly.... and had NO REAL ANSWERS  to any question.....

No printed data... etc......I told her to just cut the trees down this side of the Mississippi and the "particles" ?

in the air.. would fall dramatically......from their rigged   test  stations....

.or just lower the "wind" coming from out west....

then the "particles" wont come

EAST.. .   :)

The "smoke" ... pun intended ... coming from DC is just pure brain washing....

Burning dead plants is old technology  dating back to the 1700's..And like it or not coal, Oil and gas are dirty..We can argue over how dirty buy non the less still dirty..Ever smell car fumes?? Point made :) .. Nat gas could be a bridge fuel but it has to be done right. Don't put frac pads 500 feet away from peoples homes to start.. Then have a good common sense regulations. .. Industry folks hear regulations and cry like children. So what if the product costs a penny more..  I would rather pay a few dollars more for a better product that is done safely and smart. Facts are everybody abuses the system to their benefit..

john smith you sound like you have a lot of money, so why don't you buy me some solar panels made from plastic that will last for thousands of years but the solar panels are only good for 20 years. what are we going to do with all that plastic? burn it so we all die or maybe put it in the ground to leach into the water supply. coal is better mother earth made it and can dispose of it. gasoline is not the problem john, it is the catalytic converters that make acid that is bad, not the oil or gasoline, it is the man made item. one day people will get there head out of there ass and find out who those money makers are, ( the billionare ) that shoves bad info up your ass and you believe them. that is why we are in the problems we have today people believe the billionares that are selling you there products. a good sales can blow smoke up your ass you you will pay for it. I have some snake oil for you that will make you smart. ha ha ha ha from what I read it is to late for you and snake oil.

so stick your regulations up your ass and America would be better for it. does china give a crap about pollution?????????????? noooooooooooo and we are on the wind side. or you getting it yet????? trump = America first not the all mighty dollar. if you are smart you will vote for a man that has balls and has made more money then you will ever make in 100 life times. I hope you are getting what America and the world is all about. deception and smoke and mirrors for the brainless to make money from them.

You are right China does not give a crap. They would let their own people live in substandard conditions.China had to shut down ALL of it's industries when Beijing was being visited.  http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/18/beijings-second-air-pollution-red-al... Guess what??.. I don't want to live like that. So stick your old dirty ways up your ass. I could never vote for that scum bag Drumpt..Hate Hillary too.. Trump is a phyco.. He is on all sides of everything. Which just tells me he will say and do anything. Plus what little truth he speaks is horrible to any ethnic group or woman..  Dump Trump.. or the GOP will loose the house and Senate . You call it balls.. I call it stupidity..Also your science is flawed in so many way. I would correct you but I doubt you have the IQ to understand it...Yep you drank the oil and gas companies Koolaide ..Talk about smoke and mirrors..  I'll tell you this.. Over regulation i'm not in favor of, but what is happening is giving multi billion dollar corporations carte blanche, So common sense regulation is one of the many answers.. Peee brain

ok pee brain, you go do your common sense regulations and make sure ( YOU ) PAY FOR IT.

I do not like oil and gas anything. I want to shut down all drilling in the usa until there are laws that protect the land owner and the oil driller to be controlled on there drilling and production, the laws on the books today are nothing at all, oil and gas is getting away with everything. most land owners are getting taken to the cleaners. there should be no taxes that the land owner should pay, the driller should pay it all. and if the well can not produce enough money to pay the bills the landowner should get that well for one dollar and the driller should have to keep the products on the well head so the land owner can run the well to heat there home. most oil companies run the wells into the ground an then walk off. time to put the boots to oil drillers.

Everyone should know that John Smith is a Hillary Clinton surrogate and out to ruin mankind by creating some false notion that energy generated from fossil fuels is somehow bad. He is not interested in facts, only his "narrative". That's how the left works...

Can't stand Hillary so wrong again pee brain

U don't have to like your candidate to support their world view. I do not think even Hillary likes Hillary. BTW the name calling is the protocol of LWF that U see prostituting themselves at Trump rallies

RJMB  Hillary is Not my candidate and I don't support her or her world views either .The reason I call you Pee brain is because you didn't bother to discuss, you insulted my position before you even knew what I was talking about. Which is typical of you right wing nuts..Actullay I'm a rare political breed. I'm a Centrist..  The right and left have some good ideas.. Let's work and use the best of both..Makes sense to me...Trump is the single worst thing that can happen to this country...I don't want to get rid of fossil fuels.. We need plastic for medical use and such.. I just think that burning anything is old and antiquated.. The newer emerging technology is what will be the future.. Not the old dirty ways..Pee brain

U have every right to think American interests are not important, Obama happens to agree with U. Many, many of us think otherwise...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service