There is an article out today that mentions what I believe to be about buell well in harrison county.

"Take the example of what may be the most productive well in Ohio history. State Sen. Jimmy Stewart, R-Albany, said he heard a rural Harrison County well was pumping 15 million cubic feet of gas daily.

A spokeswoman for Chesapeake Energy, the Oklahoma-based owner, said the well in question is still being evaluated, and he couldn't confirm the numbers."

The link to article is http://www.thenews-messenger.com/article/20110423/NEWS01/104230305/...

Views: 11698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hunter it's way to early in the play to assume anything
Homer - It's too late if you are just learning about it now!  Chesapeake knew about Ohio a year ago when they started to send landman in there to lease up acres.  The next area to watch is Elk County in PA. ;)
What is to happen in Elk County??

They know it is there. It will take many wells to figure out how it runs.

ELK COUNTY IS THE NEXT HOT SPOT...ACTIVITY IS INCREASING...THE NEW WELLS WILL BE PROVEN...WE ARE ORGANIZING AND HAVE A LANDOWNER'S GROUP IN PLACE...ELK COUNTY KEYSTONER'S LANDOWNERS GROUP...JOIN NOW! CONTACT DANIEL J. RUPERT ...DANIELRUPERT@ROCKETMAIL.COM   DO NOT LET ANY LANDMAN TALK YOU INTO  LOWER DOLLARS...OUR EDUCATION, PATIENCE AND UNITY WILL HELP US ALL REALIZE MORE VALUE FOR OUR VALUE COMMODITY! IHAD A LANDMAN TELL ME OFFERS WERE STARTING TO GO DOWN JUST TWO WEEKS AGO...I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN ELK COUNTY...IT IS ALL GOOD!!!

What does one have to do to join?  Why would I not use a O&G consultant to obtain a better deal for my property?  Landowner groups are expensive from what I have read.

NOT THIS ONE...NO COST...I'AM DOING THIS FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS...I HAVE THREE YEARS TIME INVESTED IN THIS PLAY AND GET SICK AND TIRED OF LIES IN THE NAME OF MONEY! I WOULD FOLLOW YOUR HEART AFTER YOU TALK TO ME...NOTHING TO LOSE!

What About Southern Tier NY? Allegany/Steuben/ Couties?  From what i Am Seeing And Hearing The UTICA In Those Areas Is The "wet" Utica Play And It Will Be The Next HotSpot For Oil! Oil was already prodced in great volume in Southern Allegany County NY 60 years ago

JIMMY...PLEASE CALL ME @312-659-4481...THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Doing the math at $4.00/mcf gas and $15,000,000 cu.ft.

15,000,000 cu ft is 15,000mcf x$4.00/mcf = $60,000/day x 365 days/year = $21,900,000/ year

Assuming a 15% landowner royalty, that is $3,285,000/year or $273,750 per month. I wonder how big this drilling unit is? If it has a 9500' lateral, I suspect it is more than 640 acres. If it were 1000 acres, it would be $273.75 per acre per month for the landowners in this drilling unit. Does anyone know how many acres in this drilling unit?

Finnbear

I did that - based on a 1000 acre drilling unit and it works out to $273.75 per acre per month. If it were a smaller drilling unit, this figure would be higher.

The 95oo' lateral was one well in PA. Not a typical well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service