Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138354

Replies to This Discussion

Guess we did get off track a little bit.

We were told that fracking Painter well will begin sometime this week if all goes as planned. Several trucks passing by with pipe and one had large tanks and what appeared to be pump.

Granddadd Ladd

Thank you for the updates Mineral Owner.  I think  all of us land owners need to keep up with the gas and oil activity here in Tioga county.

Grandadd Ladd

Hey Old Timer

Hadn't thought it about it that way but it sounds plausible.   So as soon as a person tries to improve his house or other property and living conditions,  up goes the taxes. is that what you are saying? 

Granddad Ladd

OT,

From my experience, you do not know what/when they will or won't do with any asset until they actually do it.

Sounds overly simple, but you can drive yourself crazy trying to predict their course of action.

$50-70 million is only 8 to 12 wells' worth of expenditures. Do you have a figure of their original 2018 spending plan? This could be a 10% or less reduction from their original figure. Seems like a fairly small reduction....IMHO

What ever their plans, they are burning up the road  with their trucks. Mostly 18 wheeler tankers and a few straight tankers.  I've see about 4 very large clylindricle   containers  loaded on lowboy trailers and late this afternoon A large concrete mixer truck lumbering up the hill.

I don't pretend to understand the wheeling and dealing amongst the various drilling companies.  Glad that you fellers do and are willing to clue us uneducated  land owners in.

Granddad Ladd

Hey,  Who is this Mr. Ladd? 

Certainly cannot be referring to me!   I have been called "Will, Willis ,  William , Billy,  and  Bill.  And finally Granddad Ladd."  And a few other names I wont mention.   Bill works pretty good for me!

My family have lived in the area since the early 1800's,  and we are still here!  Some family members move away for many years and came back to live out their years.

Any way this gas drilling in our area is pretty important to the area.  I have seen changes taking place  such as farmers milking cows, then switching to beef cattle. A period of logging and then the folks who were tired of  city living buying up what ever properties they could and using them for a couple of weeks vacation or hunting and then not coming near again until next year.  

Even the tanneries have closed down and many other places of business are no longer here.

Granddad Ladd

Bill,

I agree that there have been many changes in the Central Norther Tier of PA. I have spent the better part of 50 years in this area, some full time, and lately as a returning visitor whenever I can.

Some of the things that have remained constant, even with the discovery of the Marcellus and Utica shales, is the inherent beauty of the landscape, the resilience of the residents and the peace and quiet still present in the vast hardwood forests.

The downstate politicians, if they would visit and spend some time in our mountains, would see that the NG revolution here has not changed the landscape significantly, but it has enabled the residents to reap some benefit from their family holdings. And those benefits should remain here...not to be siphoned off to feed the downstate masses who cannot control their own spending.

I would almost be in favor of a severance tax, if all tax monies remained in the municipality that generated the revenue.....almost being the key word here....how about that, Mr. Wolf??

My wife and I hearing a chainsaw on our property yesterday acting very odd, we went to investigate.  Actually we suspected that someone was cutting trees that had died and blocking them up.  Upon investigating it turns out that water pipe was being cut into short sections.  Attempts to bring water with this pipe to the Painter well had failed.  Another  outfit  was removing this pipe in preparation to installing a larger and different  kind of pipe.

We had a short conversation with the two workers about the pipeline.  They were a bit wary of the weather predictions later in the day.  Possibly tornado and severe thunderstorms were expected to hit our area later in the day.  These storms missed us and went in northerly path.

Granddad Ladd

They sure have improved the road conditions from a couple weeks ago.   Mud holes,  ruts that a tractor might get stuck in. All filled with fist sized rocks in several places.  And today looks like a much finer layer  of gravel spread on these almost impassable sections from Sperry road south to route 349.  My wife and I sometimes travel on this road to see what  gas well activity is taking place. 

Granddad Ladd

If that is true Old Timer.  What must they expect from the Painter well?  Or is someone just "Bull Crapping" us for the fun of it.

We did receive one royalty check for February.  It was the first one from Eclipse. We were not expecting  royalty checks to resume until next month. 

Granddad Ladd

The royalty payments was suspended from travis Peake while Eclipse was  moving their drilling rig and associated equipment on to the pad. And during the new drilling operations.  So now the new well has been drilled and fracking is supposed to be taking place this week. Lots of three axel dump trucks have been  heading up the hill to the access road.

I had not heard of more then two wells being drilled on the Painter pad.  Two more wells on the Painter Pad would be nice.   I only have about 15 acres in the Painter unit. But I have about 70 more acres no one has claimed for sure yet. Travis Peake has not really made any commitments yet for the additional 70 acres.

But I will say that we receive offers about every two weeks wanting to lease the rest of the property from different drilling  outfits..

We will see what happens in the next few months!

Granddad Ladd

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service