is anybody familliar with the wells Oxford has completed on Barker Rd, near Quaker city.  They are just down the road from me and im getting drilled in 2012.

Views: 2227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ODNR has summaries of Utica and Marcellus shale well info in Ohio which I have attached below. They do not show Oxford as a player. I'd be interested to know where those horizontal wells are that they say they drilled and when they drilled them.
Attachments:

Robert,

U should ask them about the Gordon formation,they will b anxious to tell you about this shallow formation that just maybe the next rush in the region. 

We have solid info on oil pushing back,with the horizontals and yes in a swallow well,locals can and will produce.

I would talk to the leasee,if you're leased they r your partner,work together to get the best outcome.

Good luck.  

Send me your email I would like you to read an email if you want
private message sent
Good luck with that. If the lease was signed, it is theirs to do with as they please and they really have no obligation to amend anything. Unless you can prove they violated the terms of the lease at some point and can have it canceled on those grounds, you are bound by that lease until the end of its term. If they drill and put the well into production, you are then held by production until they plug the well.
Scott. Is your property before the sawmills or farther down. I was on shannon run yesterday. You are with oxford as well.
Scott,
Thanks for your input. I am in a bad lease with oxford. I am at my place on barker rd right now and I got so upset at the below market value lease I'm in right now I fired off an email to the "lady" kris. Yes my dealings with them show bold cockyness. I am at the point with them to sell my properrty and withhold the 12.5 share I gwould get. When I leased they told me they would never drill on a property if the land owner did not have the rights even if oxford did. so if I sold to the right "person". Oxford won't drill and this maybe a way to get out of my bad lease. I am not a fan of oxford.

I don't know how long ago you signed but if it was more than a couple of years ago, then your lease was probably a fair lease at that time.  The Utica play is a very recent development and only now have prices climbed.  As Oxford seems to be a shallow or vertical well driller, they just paid the price for what they were doing.  Maybe they had an inclination that the Utica would pay off in time and took a gamble.

Even with a 12.5% royalty on  a parcel of your size the royalty checks will still be large enough to require some advanced planning with a CPA and estate lawyer.

PS I once did some work for a guy worth $1.5 billion dollars...he didn't have a daughter but his son was starting look kinda cute!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service