Why the reduced Chesapeake lease offers? Scare tactic or something else?

There are a few reports of landowners who had $5,000 offers on table from Chesapeake that were scrapped and replaced with $2,500 offers. I know the theory that CPKE is moving to "next phase" but reducing lease offers that have been made seeems strange. Do you think it's a scare tactic to get other landowners to sign a crappy lease so they don't completely "miss the boat" for the bonuses? Or do you think CPKE is running into problems, holdout landowners, etc.?? Any opinions on what to do if you haven't already signed? Buckeye mineral? Attorney? Just sit tight and hope for better offers once CPKE really needs properties? (Current offer 2,500 and 12.5%). There is some controversy surrounding the well we're near (Jean Ward) because it's near a city water supply and there's at least one landowner (20+ acres) who has no intention of signing.

Views: 2243

Replies to This Discussion

you might want to touch base w/ attorney ward in lisbon. i know he's negotiated for some of our neighbors who received roughly 5,500/acre a few months back. just a thought.

Already contacted Atty Ward, along with some of my neighbors, I was out of town and when I got back my neighbor told me they signed, didn't I hear from them? and I said no, so called Ward and got oops, that group is closed sorry, and I was in it, but apparently they just left me out.

When did this happen?

First of the year.
Are you kidding, we didn't even get in with him or know about him until mid January (first call the 9th) and we signed on the 20th. How could he not have some liability here since you would think he would have some responsibility to call you. DPS called on the 18th to tell us to go in anytime and sign. When we signed Ward told us some parcels were sent back for no real good reason, I wonder if that's what happened. I got the impression it was on the columbiana/pa border though. I was shocked when I first saw your post now I have to say I'm floored!
Hi jami it seems like I'm stalking you today :0). I signed though Ward with that lease in january but I know those numbers were taken off the table by chesapeake I think at the end of February. He still might have other leases though with good terms but the big bonus is gone. I overall like the landowner terms he got for us. That really mattered to me not just the bonus, but it didn't hurt :0). I hope he can at least get gross for people since net is almost not worth it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service