I have not signed a lease yet. However on a neighbor's property beside me they are putting in a pipeline and a road is going in to service the pipeline on another neighbor's property by my back property line. I am told that I can now no longer build anything on my property that would be withing 100 feet of this pipeline and the road?

Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Views: 405

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure how someone else's agreement could have any bearing on what you do with YOUR property. Maybe it is a misunderstanding on their part?

Generally the limitations are on the person with the agreement, or the company building the pipeline. For instance, the company can't put the pipeline with 100 feet of YOUR property or buildings etc.

Get a copy of the agreement from the courthouse or the neighbor and see what it says. Most people don't speak legalese.

most right o way agreements only put restrictions for the width of the ROW

Which township are you in?  We heard Chief was trying to put a pipeline through Lemon, Washington and Tunkhannock townships, and Cabot was working on  ROW's further east.  Haven't seen or heard of any "dirt" being moved yet for new gathering lines in Wyoming County.  Any news?

Nicholson Township in Wyoming County

What site can I go to find out about my lease that has 1 more year left, Chesapeake is trying to extend for 2 years?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service