Anybody know about this ? A ton of names on the mahoning county recorders office as of last week.

Views: 3072

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You aren't silly ... perhaps prone to  making statements "tongue-n-cheek"  though. Deutsche Bank is indeed located in many locations globally ... and of course that means the USA too.

O&G in and of itself is a global resource. With the exception of Antarctica (don't know about that one) all continents and the surrounding oceans have accessible unconventional shale ... some in just more accessible locations than others, of varied quality, and in politically stable sites.  Amazing isn't it?  And our country is still not sure we should be developing ours.

On the other hand, if an O&G company received $1/2B on leases, I don't think you will be very successful renegotiating with them if they want to change the size of the unit or something when they knock on your door to drill since the lease is now collateral on a mortgage. />

It may not negatively effect folks who did extremely well with thier initial leases but those of us in the beginning days who are locked into horrendous leases won't necessarily benefit from this development in my view.

I say I say I say I could be wrong.

I wondered if the mortgage would serve to hold the lease beyond the original 5 year period. It may not be so easy for people to get out from under a mortgaged property even when the lease expires.

My guess, that would be stipulated as the assets to collateralize the mortgage. If you have a "five year lease" with no renewal clause, I'd say your safe.

Look at Alan Bowers post where he states the  bank was given the right to sell the assets without a foreclosure process.  IMHO plenty of these leases will be sold. The  landowner will just have a new owner of their lease.

I wonder how many total acres are involved.

Does this involve any of the leases that are recorded to Enervest and Total?

I wonder what managerial strings are attached to such a huge investment.......? There has to be some oversight by this bank allowed I would think.
Also a concern is what keeps this bank from manipulating ochk to protect investments in othler plays around the world?
Chesapeake filed on over 5,000 leases in Stark County, 534 pages. Our property included but we have tried unsuccessfully for two years to find how they purchased the rights. Current lease holder denies selling (I don't believe him). Anyone have any suggestions on sorting this out without an attorney?

If you have the original lease or the court house records of it's filing you can follow the paper trail through the Stark Country Recorder's office. I do not know if Stark County's records are on line but in Trumbull Country it is very easy to do online through the  Recorders Website, you may want to give it a try.

If you currently have a sallow Clinton Well, my guess is that your current lease holder kept the sallow rights and made some kind of deal with CHK and assigned them the deeper Utica rights. 

Thanks,Bruce. I do have the original lease and Stark is on line. Have tried to find a paper trail without any success. I know the lease holder still has the Clinton rights as we still receive checks from him. Somewhere Chesapeake had to purchase rights as I have followed their trail, but have not located any agreement between the two companies. Thought this would be public record.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service