Per the Completion Report, the Final Open Flow for Gas was 1161 mmcf/day and Oil was only 5 bbl/day over 239 hours.  I do not believe the amount of condensate is taken into consideration with these results.

Views: 3227

Replies to This Discussion

Todd,

That's 1161 Mcf/d.  Notation is calculated.  Many be results from pressure/rate tests at less than 1161Mcf/d, not actual measurement.  Or just an average for 10 day test.  The oil rate is not so noted.

Hi Sylvester,

Yes, the final open flow for gas is calculated to be 1161 Mcf/d.  The final open flow for Oil is 5 Bbl/d.  So, of course, it is noted.  That's compared to a final open flow of between 100 to 300 Bbl/d of Oil just to the south in the Brooke County Marcellus.

Hopefully, there is alot of Condensate present that is not reported in the gas calculation.  How much Condensate and NGL's are present are the question.  RRC seems to believe there are alot of liquids in the Upper Devonian based on their investor presentation and the wells they are permitting and drilling in adjacent SW Beaver County, PA and NW Washington County, PA.

Here's another question for SD:

The static rock pressure at the surface of this well is only 3001 psig (calculated).  The static rock pressure at wells in Brooke County are around 3825 psig (calculated).  Does this difference in pressure cause less oil to rise to the surface for initial open flow?

Thanks, TS

Todd,

I interpret the completion report as a calculated well test with the gas open flow calculated, but actual oil recovery reported.  I've been warned many time, be skeptical of completion reports

This well was reported to be a shallower shale potential test.  The completion form shows total vertical depth 4617ft after plugback to kickoff horizontal, placing it in the Devonian Shale.  The calculated wellhead pressure of 3001psi at 4617ft, assuming gas filled casing, gives a pressure gradient of 0.65psi/ft.  Compared to a fresh water gradient of 0.43psi/ft, this is over-pressured, a requirement for adequate recovery in the Marcellus.  The wells further south in Brook County are probably Marcellus completions with nearly the same gradient, but deeper, therefore higher pressure; I've not studied any Brook Co.completions to be specific.  Oil, condensates and NGL's all have gradients less than fresh water.  If any liquids exist or condense in the formation or casing, it would easily flow to the surface with the gas.  A gas analysis (usually not given in press releases and completion report) would define the expected liquid recovery from NGL stripping plant.

Excellent analysis Sylvester.  Thanks for your help in understanding the numbers on the completion report and I am hopefully skeptical of the completion report for our area.  So, your main point is that this Upper Devonian well could very well be a good first discovery well in Hancock County?  That's still yet to be determined based on actual production after the pipeline is laid in the coming years.  I would imagine it may be a couple years before more wells are drilled in Hancock due to the recent lease signings having most land held by leases.

Ok as a layman I have no idea what you are saying but I hope it is good... about 4 air miles east of the Allison farm is the Noss farm (rt 151 in PA) drilled by RRC.. they drilled 6 wells on one pad and fracked 2 as I understand it... their webcast said one of the wells was in the upper devon and the other was in the marcellus ( don't know where the other 4 we drilled ..but I am guessing the marcellus)...if you listen to the webcast they said where the marcellus is wet so is the upper devon...the wells are said to be producing 10mcf and 1000 b of liquids aprox a day each!!..listen to the last RRC webcast don't take my word for it...we are sitting on a lot of wet gas...thats my opinion...thx for the high tech info..

Gary, 

The initial flow rates are low for this first well (Upper Devonian) in Hancock County.  Hopefully, CHK will drill a Marcellus or Utica lateral for the next well from the Allison pad with the hopes of having better production.  Probably better to drill a Marcellus next where there are thought to be more liquids at this time (Utica may only be dry gas here, but alot of it).  Marcellus is 30 ft thick here and about 70 ft thick in Brooke/Ohio Counties where they are seeing 100-300 barrels of oil per day initial open flow; so, I am still optimistic to see what is in the Marcellus Shale here in Hancock.

Can we get solid #s on production from this well b/c I haven't seen any other permits filed?

CHK paid $4500 per acre to lease about 12,000 acres in Hancock County after they knew what they had with the Allison well.

Per CHK's investor presentation, CHK is relating this well to the Utica Shale as WOPL so, they apparently are planning on drilling down to the Utica eventually.  There was one other permit filed in the name of Robert and Janie Phillips but they filed a coal objection and CHK returned the ap.

The reason you have not seen more permits filed yet is that CHK has basically the whole county Held By Leases for 4 more years until 5/18/17.

The final open flow numbers are on the WVGES website on the completion report.  The problem with the numbers themselves is that you cannot determine the volume of NGL's within the natural gas stream without seeing the chromatograph.  The chromatograph is golden because it lets the operator know how much and which NGL's to expect upon production.  Of course, this is propietary.

There's the Allison well on Pg. 46 of the RRC February Investor Presentation.

I would like to know if you think we will ever receive  gas royalties or if they plan to pay for rights? Matt mbwatkins12345@yahoo.com

Here is a picture taken of the Allison well.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service