ALOV and Northern Trumbull County- Updated Discussion to include BP Lessor's and Bonus money Payment's

Hello all!

I have been doing a little research and speaking with friends and neighbors about forming a group to address the needs of those of us not yet represented by a landowners group.

This led me to call ALOV after hearing that they had accepted some acreage in Trumbull county.

I paid little attention to ALOV earlier as their website did not list Trumbull county as an area of interest, although the work they were doing was certainly of great interest to me.

From what i gather there was a cut-off of June 30 for sign-up with ALOV, they extended that and also had a meeting at RD banks Chevy in Champion. This may not be news to some of you, but i had not come across the posting until after. The word i got from an individual at ALOV was that Chesapeake set a northern geographical cut-off in Trumbull county of St.Rt.88, again this may not be a newsworthy flash to some. Many landowners attended, more than expected according again to a source at ALOV, and signed up their acreage.

Now heres the news, ALOV has agreed to start a "Waiting List" of still more interested parties from areas north of St.Rt.88. If you call them with name, address and phone number they will put you on the list, and depending on level of interest, they may choose to represent us as a group in a similiar fashion, with the same or even better terms to Chesapeake, or another interested party.

So call up ALOV, their number is listed on their site www.alov.us , and ask to be included in their next go around. From where i stand why re-invent the wheel, they already have done the groundwork and have the attention of the industry on favorable terms, lets ask them to either start another "Pool" to include us, or come work with us to the same end.

If you have information to share, please join in the discussion, Thanks 

Hello again to all my fellow Utica Shale Owners. I Just stopped in to ask if there were any who signed with BP from the ALOV Northern Trumbull county group, that resulted from these efforts, still around.

Has anyone had any conversations/correspondence from BP concerning title defects, or other issues that would delay payment or affect your lease, or gotten a check for Bonus money? 

Views: 69226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know!  It's worse than being 6 years old and waiting for Santa to show up :)

Heres another link about payments that I came across http://businessjournaldaily.com/drilling-down/landowners-cautioned-...

Im just as impatient to get the money as you guys,  I have a lot of work that I would like to do before winter and no funding to get it done. 

I know...my list is long and the calendar pages are flying by.  Hope it gets here soon!

Fang, why do you say that?

Fang, I believe bp has about 137,000 acres if not more in Trumbull county right now and alot of this is contiguous tracts of land in the northern part of the county(better than 1/4th of the county). The big question is whom will purchase some 2,800 leases in the county that chesapeake has.I believe there will be several drilling companies in the county, but to come out and say smaller companies will do most of the work  I dont believe this for a minute, just my thought.

Fang, You never did answer Kennys qeustion. Why do you believe most landowners that sighned a lease in Trumbull county will be disappointed.I would like to know why you think this also?/???.

Hi again, I wish to clear the air so just for the record i am not boasting, bragging, or gloating when i bring up a discussion about our bonus checks. My family is in the same position as many will find themselves in, in this economy, we need the cash.

I myself put countless hours over the last two decades, marketing my property and making connections in the O&G industry in an attempt to get a good lease for my mineral rights, this didn't just happen for me. I knew one day this would be coming to our area. I have known this since 1984, known that the Marcellus and Utica shales and other potential untapped source rocks lay under our feet here in Ohio, PA and WV.

I rejected leases offered to me several times over the years, boilerplate leases suck.

I recognized the work ALOV was doing 18 months ago and got on board as soon as they agreed to take our property's to represent. I disected the lease language over and over and ran different scenario's in my mind and decided this was my best shot, so yes i am excited to see the check that should have been in hand the day of signing per SOP, truth be told.

I didnt keep this opportunity to myself, i tried to help my neighbors and friends, contacts, to understand all of the issue's and only brought this conversation up to date to try to help all of us to communicate instead of being secretive about it. Many people are no longer signing in after they sign the lease and get the payment, maybe they dont want people to know their financial affair's. The Troll's and ill wisher's are being successful in their attempts to degrade this sites purpose, and thats just sad.

As always best of luck to all.

Well said.  But you know how it is....there is always a bad apple in the bunch someplace.  That is basically what is so wrong with this area.  So many naysayers.

Here it is the 10th of July and I've heard nothing about anyone receiving checks from BP yet.  Has anyone heard if they have started to arrive or did we get lied to?

I heard nothing Debbie. However, some people may have got their checks then left the board or are just being quiet about it.

I just think that it's a little odd about the silence.  You could hear a pin drop!  And seeing how the Tribune knew the details of our leases before we even got out of bed the next morning, it just seems strange that there hasn't been any kind of tidbit in the paper about this.  They've had their collective noses stuck in everything else, one would think that they would be just as interested in finding about the bonus payments.

I don't think so, I have talked to a few of my banker friends and they say they have seen no bp checks. I signed on the first day and only have a small acreage so by many rights (rumors that small parcels first) I should be maybe in front of the pack. Also many people have told me when they get their checks they will be in to do business with me. I have not seen anyone yet from this group. I think all is quiet because no one wants to be percieved as talking to much and being in contempt of the clause in the lease, better just no not talk too much. You don't gain any knowlege by posting,... only reading. That being said I think we should start a thread in the Trumbull county group about if check are being recieved. I don't think that would be a problem as far as the lease goes, when you got paid. The bank tellers will know for sure, the car dealers,farm equipment and furniture people will all be talking about sales up. We'll see, but I plan on posting when the ice cream man leaves.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service